Six

The smell of spaghetti woke me up. Anne must have opened my door this morning. A habit she does every weekend for me to be able to smell what's cooking. Saturdays are Chef Jenna days. She always cooks lunch for us and it's just amazing. Last week, she cooked lasagna cos I requested it. Now, she's making spaghetti. I guess you know why. I hope she puts bacon. I love bacon. I don't know if it's normal to put bacon in a spaghetti but who cares, right?

Yesterday was really draining. I did my laundry in the morning. Iron some of my clothes after eating lunch then took a bath. One massive,wrong move. One rule after ironing is that you shouldn't get your hands wet. As a result, I spent an hour with hands in pain. I had a hard time writing during my 6-8pm class. I married my bed after school and promised to never get a divorce until my energy tank is completely full again.

As usual, I did my room. I love orderliness. Books must be aligned perfectly. No visible dirt. Clean floor, window, door, even the door knob must be polished. I took some minutes to admire my One Direction poster-filled wall. My eye darts every poster and just like that, my heartbeat races with the clock's ticking and I love the sensation it brings to my veins. Before I end up collapsing, I grab my band and pull my hair in a messy, crazy, bun and started to do my "self-fixing" routine. That includes my daily morning hygienic cycle and I swear I won't be tired of doing it. After a lifetime of doing random stuff, I decided to join Jenna in the kitchen.

"Just in time. I'm almost done."

"Good morning Jen Jen. Bacon?"

Jenna takes a sip of her coffee and nods.

"As requested."

My mood is set. I set the table and called Anne in her room. I found her door open. A sound of a vacuum being used escapes the open space. Anne is cleaning. It's rarer that spotting real shapes formed by clouds. Wow. Just Wow.

"Morning Katie!"

"Yeah. I can see..."

"I bought you a poster, 1D."

Anne cuts my words with a bang.

"When did you buy this?"

"This morning. I went out to withdraw some cash when I saw it? Like it?"

"It's still rolled but you know I'll always love it. Thanks."

These two wonderful people spoil me to the highest possible level. In return, I never fail to give them small gifts of appreciation. Jenna uses the bags I gave her. Anne takes good care of the phone cases I gave her. Other gifts are well-kept. They manage to use it all and I'm just so flattered.

I placed the not-yet-revealed poster on my bed. As much as I want to open it, I'll have to deal with it later. Spaghetti, here I come!

I rush into the kitchen, eyes glowing, as I sit and eye the bacon on top of the spaghetti. I shouldn't worry though cos Anne and Jenna won't eat it. Diet. Weight. Being me, I don't worry that much about those things. Jenna placed all of the bacon on my plate and I flashed a smile to her, thanking her.

I was about to have my first taste of Jenna's pasta when a phone loudly beeps. One disturbing, loud sound. A crying goat. No doubt, it's Jenna's phone.

"Kate, Tan just sent me a message. He said he's calling you."

"Sorry, my phone is in my bag. Tell him I'll call him later."

And finally, my first bite. Bacon compliments everything. The saltiness of the bacon and the sweetness of the sauce end up bursting in my mouth. I wish Jenna could cook all my meals every freaking day. Thank God for another yummy dish. And to Jenna, of course.