Two

July 2. Time for another exam. Financial Accounting always steals our youthful spirit every Wednesday. During exams, lots of charms, prayers, and rituals arise. Four corners of this room will be filled with chants. All for one reason - to pass.

Everyone's focused, me included. Silence ruled for three solid hours. No one dares to pass their sheets first when it comes to FinAcc. Everybody maximizes the time for reviewing their answers.

Me? Well, I just keep quiet once I'm done. It took me almost two hours to finish answering. Yes, it's a lot of writing and computing, but honestly, I'm not having a hard time with it. Except the fact that I really hate writing for too long.

You can literally hear everyone's breathing doing chorus with the clock's ticking . But the loudest of all the sounds you can here is Mr. Romero's Candy Crush game. Set in its lowest volume. Yes, lowest. I think I'll give him headset for Christmas.

The bell rings. Time to pass our papers. The sound is always sweeter than Jenna's homemade cookies. Ring-Ring-Ring and voices will be heard in every hallway's corners. You can see everyone's pale faces bring its colors back to life as they walk out of the room.

This deserves one nice bonding. The whole class decided to have an early dinner together. As usual, KFC!

"Tomorrow, we'll have our impromptu, right? Prepare guys. Pack your English, bring all your dictionaries." Ralph says with such seriousness.

Philippines. English is not the native language. It's just that my university has lots of foreign students, including Greg, Jenna and Anne. We're a class of twenty-one and only seven are Filipinos. Two out of those seven are not pure Filipinos. I belong to the pure Filipino ones. Greg and Anne are Americans. Jenna is Indian raised in California. Most of us are Koreans, Turkish and Chinese. That's why we always make fun of ourselves during English time.

Mom pushed me to speak English since I was young. I always use it that I find Filipino language hard already.

It's not just English that she chose me to learn (or should I say master. Not saying I'm good though, I just felt like its what she wanted for me to achieve). Academics, Sports, Music, Arts. I have to be at my best.

I thank her for doing it. It helped me a lot, honestly.

It's just that I felt like my childhood was stolen by knowledge itself. My friends play dolls. I play puzzles and word games. They read pocket books, I read Chemistry books. They get amazed easily. I see them smile. So genuine. I, on the other hand, talks random explanation about it.

*beep*

I wonder whose phone is that.

*beep*

"Kate, it's yours, look." Jenna says, pointing her lips to my phone on the table.

Oh.

I opened my phone. One's a message from my mom, saying she bought me One Direction poster and two magazines. She said she'll just send it to me. I replied thanks and I love her. The other one is a message... Facebook message.

Eric: Hey! :-) busy?

What's his problem? I've seenzoned him last time. Wasn't it clear that I don't want to talk to him? I don't even know him!

I'm not aware that I look irritated already. Jenna noticed it, so does the group, so she asked me why.

"It was that Mexican guy. He's been sending me messages and-"

"Oh! That Mexican cutie!" Anne squealed.

"Guys, he's really hot. I wonder why Kate ignores him." She didn't even let me finish. They asked to see this Eric guy so I showed his pictures in his FB page. They all said he's hot, handsome.