PROLOGUE

The sun shone brightly down at the dark tinted windows on Robert's car as they drove through the campus, but both Misha and Robert were consumed in their own darkness. 

The car stopped at the dormitory, Robert steps out of the car but Misha sat there completely oblivious. 

All she could hear the question revolving around her mind. Is it really over? Is it really over? Its over.......right?

She couldn't absorb the fact that everything was coming to an end. 

A knock on the window brings her out of her deliberation.  As if in a stupor, she gets down from the car and walks mechanically towards her room.  She digs in her pocket and fishes out the keys, but due to her shivering hand, she drops them on the floor.  She leans down to take them but before she can, his fingers deftly pick them up and opens the door. She mumbles a small 'thank you' and walks in, Robert following her inside.

Even in her daze,  her manners kick in and she asks him, "Would you like to have coffee....?"

He shakes his head and turn around to leave but then stops on the threshold and turns around again. He moves slowly towards Misha and when he reaches, he grazes his palm on her cheek. But it moves towards her throat, where he holds it as if about to choke her. She stops breathing, prepared for the impending loss of breath but he just holds her by the neck, looks into her eyes and leans towards her ear and breathes threateningly, "I hope we don't cross paths again, ever. For your sake."

Saying this, he turns around and finally leaves, closing the door behind him, and Misha finally collapses on the floor and finally succumbs to her tears, letting the answer to her own question sink in.

It's finally over.