CHAPTER 4 - THE DESTRUCTION CONFIGURATION

Betrayal and Guilt are close connected relatives

Betrayal and Guilt are close connected relatives. They say betrayal never comes from your enemy. And guilt is like one's first love, it stays inside forever.

After announcing the demise of the patient, Dr Sheldon Dawson returns to his office. He is panicking, sweating, anxious, agitated and he's going through every phase of perturbation. He can't think straight, he's thinking of every feasible way to get out of this situation. The adrenaline rushing through his body is getting better of him. His mind was occupied with questions about his future in this hospital.

"I can't lose to him. I CAN'T FUCKING LOSE TO HIM!" He shouts really loud as his right fist lands on his table with a bang.

Robert Downey Jr. has always been an intimidating man, he not only mastered medicine but also the art of making people uncomfortable. Ever since Dr Downey joined the Johns Hopkins Hospital, he has raised the bar. Not every doctor in the hospital was a fan of his cranky, eccentric, egotistical, narcissistic and intellectual genius personality. As a person moves forward with success he also accumulate envy from people around him. Robert was not only on top of women, but also on top of his career. And as he excelled professionally, he gained a lot of backstabbers, not that Robert cared for anyone. Dr Sheldon Dawson was one of the people who despised Robert. Downey didn't care about rules; he only cared about one thing: saving the person who was in pain. His 'going out of the way methods' of treating patients rankled most of the doctors. His success was failures of other and this fact made Dr Dawson really uneasy. Robert knew everyone, except for the female employees, his staff and his patients, disliked him in the hospital. But Dawson's hatred for him had evolved into an abomination. Every move by Downey precipitated Dawson into self-destruction. His desperate yearning for the Director's spot was making him do every possible infringement. Whereas, Robert, he didn't care about any trifling position. Despite being the most detested person in the hospital, he was still the first choice of the higher authorities for the next director of the hospital.

His skills marked his position, but his attitude questioned his future.

Whether he became the director or not, monetarily, he was already more accomplished than any director or doctor in the country. This was also one of the things that vexed Dawson. The graph of both the doctors' lives was directly proportional. As Dr Downey advanced in money, fame and respect, Dr Dawson fostered himself in hatred, begrudges, and insecurities.

But this time, Dr Sheldon Dawson wasn't going to let Downey win.

His maligned thoughts about Downey came to a pause with a knock on his door. It was a third year resident, Chris Miller, who has been apprentice to Dr Downey for 3 years now.

"Oh coat me with sugar and call me a donut if it isn't Dr Chris Miller, well hey Downey's ass kisser! Now is that rule licker sending his minions to investigate about my patients?" Dawson indecipherably frowns at the arrival of least the expected person.