CHAPTER 10- THE TEAM

Surprises and Gifts.

Surprise is the greatest gift life can grant us.

But, is every surprise a gift?

Does every surprise have to be beautiful? Or extraordinary? Or greatest?

Surprises can be bad too. Unpleasant. Nasty. Or Unwelcoming.

But hey it's a surprise!.... Duh sure!

For Misha, working for Dr Downey was the most 'greatest' surprise of her life. She didn't care if she do not get in his 'The Downey's Five' team nevertheless she was happy about the fact that she'll get to see him work every day.

However, as 'greatest', 'significant' and 'godly' as the so-called surprise looked, underneath it resided the most 'infamous', vicious and 'unholy' creature of mankind.

Although, nothing changed for Robert.

No surprise. No overwhelming. Nope. Nothing.

Life didn't surprise him anymore. He just accepted everything.

His Fate.

But life was now about to surprise him with the greatest gift of his life. Ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rapid breathing.

Eyes squeezed firmly.

Chest raising heavily.

Hands clutching the sheets tightly in fist.

"No---N—no! L-leave me!" He whispers.

He, suddenly, finds hard to breath. He is suffocating. Bad. Really bad.

His hands releases the strongly gripped sheets leaving them wrinkled and reaches to his neck, wrapping it completely.

He holds it hard, as if to save himself. He's begging for air. For oxygen. For freedom.

"STOP!" his eyes snap open.

He sits up. Thick layers of cold sweat dripped from his body leaving some stains on the pillow. It's so silent around that he can hear his heart pounding hard in his chest. He's breathless. He is shaking. No, he is trembling. He tries to stand up but fails ending up falling on the floor. Dizziness has surrounded him. It was dark but he could still see everything spinning.

He looks around for it.

He needs it. Right now.

He tries again to stand but his legs doesn't support him. His mind is blank. He can't think anything. Panic has hold of his body. Without thinking he arduously drags himself towards the bathroom.