CHAPTER 5- THE LITIGATION DECISION

A Moment

A Moment.

It only takes a moment to realise your longstanding companion's betrayal.

It only takes a moment to turn happiness into grief.

It only takes a moment to shatter something you had always treasured.

A moment.

It is claimed that one should savour every moment. Why do people only see the positive aspects of 'A Moment'? What about that 'a moment' when everything you've worked for vanishes?

When one is happy, 'a moment' seems to fly by the fastest. So why does it feel like an eternity for time to pass when he is crushed?

Everything was scattered in a moment, his medical career, and his hard work of 23 years. Everything.

Moving on was never a thing for Robert, but how was he expected to move now when his downfall was right in front of him?

He had already failed as a human.

But now,

He also failed as a doctor.

He failed to take care of his patients, he failed to take care of what was his. Was he about to fail the others around him as well?

As the clock struck 7:01 a.m., the sun had risen high in Baltimore. The radiance-infused golden rays extended around the room, brightening it. For the rest of the city, this morning began routinely, but for one person at Johns Hopkins Hospital, it was extraordinary. Unlike most days, his day began with anxiety rather than self-despondency. It wasn't so much a worry about losing his job and career as it was a fear of losing the only people he had in his life.

His patients.

Robert Downey Jr. was an uncontrollable force. He had conquered many obstacles in his life; he may have had a difficult and outcast life, but he never gave up. But here the circumstances opposed Robert's will.

And the defeat was inevitable.

While he was ruminating about indecisive condition, he didn't realise there was a knock on the door, without giving him a chance to answer the person in cue enters the room. The door reveals Nurse Bale.

"Dr Downey, it's time for your rounds." She informs him, but she can sense antsy in Robert's eyes.

"Oh, well yeah. Let's go."

Robert starts leave when Nurse Bale's reveals her confusion,

"Would not you like to wear your lab coat while you interact with patients?"

The question reminded Robert of the earlier event and that led to a smirk replacing his tense features.

"Ah, right. Well, I donated it to someone needy." He say sneeringly.