CHAPTER 9- THE UNPLANNED JOURNEYS

Destination and journey

It is often claimed that it's not the destination that matters, but the joy you find along the way.

And the unplanned journeys are believed to be the joyous ones.

But are they?

The "unplanned journey" landed Robert to a place he didn't want to be.

And now Misha was on board for a journey she never thought she would ever take.

But,

Will her journey be joyous?

Will her destination be any different than Robert's?

Will she be able to embrace the detour?

Misha gently closes the door behind her after the awkward private conversation with Dr Downey. She clutches the books in her hands harder against her chest and starts to walk towards the emergency room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now half past midnight, and Misha had finally gotten off of the ER. This was the fourth time in a week when she had missed her dinner. She walks towards the healing garden based near the entrance of the hospital with a can of soda and a coleslaw sandwich, which she fetched from the vending machine. The garden was one of her favourite places in the hospital. It was beautiful and highly visible. The lush green borders which had changed into yellow were both striking and soothing to the eyes. The area is adorned with a variety of trees and plants that bloom at different times of the year. The place has several benches accommodated at a convenient distance for people to sit and enjoy the scenery. The paths shaded by trees were wide with narrow seams so that people weren't at risk of tripping. Beautiful carpet of red, orange and yellow leaves laid amorphously on sides of the slightly damp path, signifying fall of the year. A large water fountain in the garden's center demarcated the space and served as a visible landmark and meeting place. The colorful place gave a beam of hope within the gloomy confines of the hospital.