CHAPTER 1- CITY LIGHTS, AND FIRST DAYS

"Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position

"Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you."

Misha yawns lightly and opens her eyes, regaining awareness of her surroundings. She stretches her arms a bit and just as she begins fastening her seat-belt, the flight speakers emanate a voice announcing, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land at Boston Logan International Airport. Please make sure one last time your seat belt is securely fastened." The flight attendants  passes around the cabin to make a final compliance check and pick up any remaining cups and glasses. "Thank you for flying with us."

Misha takes a deep breath to calm down the flip-flopping of her stomach

Misha takes a deep breath to calm down the flip-flopping of her stomach. She feels as if her excitement is going to burst out of her chest. She smile widely, thoroughly enjoying the little rumble in her stomach when the plane descends on the runway. She looks out the window and gasps at the beautiful dawn. The aircraft jerks a little when it hits land all Misha is the hues of orange and yellows of the early morning. Once they land, she taps her foot impatiently, eager to get out of the plane and see her dream city. As if an eternity later, the speaker booms again, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Boston Logan International Airport. Local time is 06:07 and the temperature is 26 degree Celsius."

Misha springs out of her seat and gets the luggage out of the above compartment. She gets in queue to get down but the whole process seems excessively slow to her.

"Do people actually take so long to get out of the plane?" she muses impatiently.

After the grueling half an hour she spent in the formalities the airport, she finally steps out in the warm air of Boston City. The sun shone brightly, warm breeze of June was soothing for skin, perfect time for vacation. Misha could hear announcements of flights, honks of cars, people chuntering, some could be seen advancing towards the airport and some emerging out, the busy life couldn't be overlooked. It was Saturday but Misha still could observe the people scurrying towards their respective destinations, without getting in anyone's way as if everything was synchronized and well planned. Everything about that place made Misha proud of her decision. The euphoric feeling fills Misha with ecstasy because this is the moment Misha had been seeking.