Misunderstanding

"Let's go to the new café which opened down the street hyung, I've been wanting to go there with you since so long, they have a very cute interior!"

"Okay let's be there koo, when should we go?"

"Hyung... they have a special couple treat on Sundays..."

V visibly tenses, the model has been dreading this moment but he somehow believed that Jeongguk won't push him when he tells him not to.

"Jeongguk you know I can't be there on Sunday bun-" To his surprise Jeongguk cuts him off. The air thickens, almost suffocating.

"No I don't hyung, I don't know why can't you be there on Sundays. I do not want to take it away from you, just whatever it is, but at least I have the right to know. It's been one year since we got together and I still have no idea where you disappear for one whole day and return at the peak of dawn. For fuck's sake we are legit living together!" Jeongguk shouts even though he didn't want to, it was just the heat of the moment. He has been understanding but its just not fair, he doesn't know where his own boyfriend disappears. Don't get him wrong he trusts V with his life, but as someone he chose to give his precious love to he really wants to know. He gave enough time, enough space but keeping secrets this way just break bonds, AND HE DOESN"T WANT THAT.

"Bun just calm down, it's not something which will give you peace... knowing all that will just make you hate me more... I can't afford to have that, it would be way too much for me to bear."

"How about me hyung, think about it, are you being fair to me. Do you think it's easy for me to bear knowing the person I love with my whole life cannot trust me enough, that it's easy to bear the though that you can't tell me something because you doubt my love"

"I did not say that I doubt your love for me Guk, I know you love me and believe me I love you more. I just want to give you the best version of me, not something bad..."

"Every version of you is the best version for me, I love you as a whole leaving no scars behind. I know you have a tragic past but holding on to it all by yourself is NOT going to help. at least take my hand hyung, I'll be there all along and I promise I won't judge hyung. J- ju- just give me a chance h- hyung" Jeongguk says between his uncontrollable sobs.

"Jeongguk, please ask me for anything else just not this. I cannot do this today... not yet. Give me some more time bun, I'll do anything other than this, the time is not right yet..."

"Yea? Then let me cover a story on you." Jeongguk knew the model would never in his worst nightmares, do this. There is no way his hyung would ever agree to this option so that will leave the model with one last choice which was to tell Jeongguk everything. What Jeongguk did not expect was to see his hyung's face twisted with immense hurt, anger and a lot other ugly feelings, but Jeongguk was so drunk with his own desire to get the answers out that he didn't even think of taking his words back.

"This... is it Jeongguk? Since when have you been thinking of it? I... I don't know... was this what you wanted all along?" The model spoke in a very small voice, barely audible. That was all left in him, he lost all his energy to do the bare minimum of talking. His voice sounded extremely broken and feeble, hurt to no extent. "Jeongguk, all you wanted was to create a spicy story out of me for your channel? Am I nothing to you other than that?"

Jeongguk realises just what the comprehension of his words sounds like, he was horrified to say the least. All his blood drained out of his body. He knew he didn't mean it that way, but his choice of words won't let him explain or justify.

|| Flashback ||

Jeongguk and V were lying on the couch on a lazy Saturday morning, watching their favourite Netflix series while eating pancakes which Jin made before leaving for his restaurant inspection when the younger asked, "What is your greatest fear hyung?" The elder looked into his bpyfriend's eyes, seemingly staring into his soul and responded, "Loved ones breaking my trust. Being used by someone I love. Being betrayed maybe? Yea... That's it."

The younger then booped his nose cutely. "That means your greatest fear can't hurt you since you have chosen absolute diamonds to love and trust", he giggles after finishing. The elder wipes of the syrup from the others lips, softly whispering "absolutely love".

|| Flashback ends ||

"Tae, wait I didn't mean it like that-"

"Save it Guk, I really don't want any explanation from you... It's fine.. I'll see to it" The model says quietly with no energy in him to talk anymore. He went from feeling every emotion to ever exist to feeling empty. "It's fine.. I understand you..."

"You won't even let me explain Tae, come on now." He says with hands frailing in the air. He did not realise his wrong choices of words yet, again.

"Wow okay Jeongguk, reflect upon your words when I'm not here, you will find out what explanation you really need to make, only then will I decide to listen."

"Tae you are overreacting now. You cannot just leave like that because of this, it's not even that big"

"Not even that big Guk? It is big! IT IS FUCKING BIG FOR ME! I really have no energy in me to argue with you please"

It was then that Jeongguk had realised just what happened, but the older had already left making sure to close the door behind, speaking with his actions not to follow him. Jeongguk stood there blankly too late to take back certain words.

What now? What is going to happen now? He would return right? I'll apologise as soon as he steps a foot in here I swear. How long would he be gone for? Should I go look for him? He must have gone to Jiminie hyung, I'm sure Jimin hyung will be able to convince him to forgive me right? But it isn't even my fault completely. Yeah.. I'll just wait here.

It was three days later when Seokjin comes to pack some of the model's stuff to leave for a shoot in New York City, V's first big project as a model, when Jeongguk realised what's going on. They didn't fight, they didn't break up, the older is just... leaving, detaching himself from Jeongguk. Well it was Jeongguk's worst nightmare to be precise. He knew what was happening but decided not to believe it, this just can't happen.

"So he won't even come to meet me before such a big event of his life." Jeongguk remembered how the older always used to gush about how he wants to be selected as a runway model for some big western city. Jeongguk would dramatically clutch his chest as if in pain and would complain how the model has to fit him in his luggage because they still couldn't afford a lavish flight to some big western city and distance between them was a big no no. They would laugh for hours at the younger's dramatic tantrums.

"He'd probably murder me for this but Guk, Seoul International Airport, flight number BA2491A, be there by 5:30 pm, tomorrow." Seokjin says as he steps out with two bags of the model's luggage.

His stay in NYC was going to be long.

__________________________________________________________________________