Chapter 9

I woke up with a little hang over. I saw the bottle laying on the floor. It just the cap on luckily it was half full. The bottle was a skull with a black cap. I got up walking downstairs. Even though it was half a bottle and I didn't have a massive hangover I slept so well and now I'm up  immediately that I have a headache.

When I got downstairs Steve stood up so quickly it made my vision blurry.

"What the hell Ray I go up to check on your after what happened only to see you pasted out on the bed with a bottle of vodka half dranken!"

"Jesus Steve shut it my head hurts and no not a hangover and I drink all the time," I stayed calm telling him this but mainly because I didn't feel like yelling

He became serious, "Your my little sister and I just I'm sorry. I guess I don't know you as much as I thought I did."

"You don't have to take care of me. I'm fine." I'm lying straight to my brothers face.

"So I have a question." I was starting straight at his nose when he talked. Do I have that big of a nose?

"Yea what's your question Steve."

"Ummm," he started scratching the back of his neck, "So why did you come here?"

I closed my eyes taking a breath this wasn't easy to explain, "I didn't have the best life there they hated me and abused me. One day I got arrested. Not for the first time but they had it and the slapped me. I fought back. Then they grabbed my hair and kicked me out. I already have a hard time in life so I needed to be somewhere else. Now I'm recovering and trying to be happier. The only other person that knows this is Jade. She helped me." Is figeting akwardly do to the situation.

"Oh. That's good you came here."

"I also came here to come here live with my real family."

"Well listen I got to head of to work," he said.

"See ya!" With that he left. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed some strawberries and whipped cream. I was making waffles. I cooked the waffles and then started eating them.

When I was finished I out my plate in the sink and went back upstairs. Usually I would have to change but I had done it earlier this morning. I spent the day on my bed listening to music with my headphones. I turned it up really loud. I was using my computer.

  After awhile the day started to pass and I looked at the clock and it read 2.00 p.m. I went downstairs to make myself a sandwhich. I then went back upstairs turning my music back on. And eating my sandwhich.

I heard the door slam downstairs and thought it was Steve getting something to eat for his lunch break. I dismissed the thought and went back to what I was doing.

I was getting a little thirsty so I went downstairs to get my sandwhich. I got to the living room and saw a man that was in paint stained ripped and having many holes in them jeans. He looked very sloppy. He walked over to me but I stepped back and tripped into the wall. I had no clue who this guy was. I had never really met him. At least I don't think.

"Ray is that you. Your so grown up," he reached out to touch my cheek but I turned away, "I thought Steve told me you where coming. Of course I didn't believe the little bastard. I thought he was being the little bitch he is." Wait. Dad. When he was talking I could smell the alcohol coming from his breath.

"Get away from me.... Dad?" I was still confused.

He came to embrace me or something but I pushed him off.

"Yeah I'm your father I wish I wasn't because your really good looking." He was drunk but I think he was serious. I was really uncomfortable so I did what I would usually do and walk away. I couldn't because he grabbed my arm. He started to run up and down my arm and I was getting a bit freaked out.

I was on the verge of an anxiety attack because old memories were starting to come to my mind. All of a sudden Steve came in, "Dad leave her alone she's drunk. Just you know what get the hell out of the fucking house!"

My dad started walking away and Steve pushed him out.

"Ray are you okay?"

I just slid down the wall trying to not remember. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry...," I always apologize even when it's not my fault.

"Don't be," he said.

After I calmed down I told Steve was going upstairs.

  Once I got upstairs I called Jade.

"Hey Ray!"

"Hey..."

"What's up?" She was concerned.

"My dad was drunk and confronted me I was lucky Steve came in. Oh and I wanted to tell you Steve know's about people me being abused and that I wasn't happy."

"Well I'm glad you told him and stay away from your dad."

"Okay I will. I just wanted to tell you."

"Have you met friends yet?" She would bring that up.

"No I will though."

"Okay."

"Bye," I didn't feel like being on the phone anymore.

"Bye Ray. I miss you."

For the rest of the day I locked myself in my room.