Chapter 6

Author's note:
Remember, Liz's thoughts are in italics.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"Are you ready, honey?" calls my mother with all our things in her hands already. We just got back from breakfast and I am still a little bit tired. The three of us are going to Monolatis today. We have to drive more than half an hour to get there. It's almost completely on the other side of the island. My dad puts on some nice music when we get in the car and we sing along the whole way with every song we hear. The road towards Monolatis is very steep. There are many hairpin bends but the more often you come to a country like Greece, the more you get used to it. Tonight we are going to have dinner with Evan and his parent again. Somewhere in a typical Greek restaurant in one of the little streets in Pytagorio.

When we arrive in town the first thing we do is get a drink at a restaurant. It is a small but colorful restaurant in a small courtyard. There are many beautiful plants with flowers and butterflies flying around. There is also a little boutique on the corner of the square.

There are also beautiful old buildings such as churches here. After we drank something, we walk around a bit more but it is super hot here. The sun is shining on the mountain. "Mom, can we go for a quick swim at a beach near here to cool off? "Yes of course! Maybe we can go to Tsamadou. But I don't know if there's any place to park there yet."Indeed, the chances are slim that there will still be a spot because it is a very large beach along the main road. There are also a lot of touring cars coming there with a lot of people. There is a big beach club and on the other side of the beach is another hippie bar.

We're only going to Potami Beach for a short time because it's a little late in the afternoon and, of course, we're going to have dinner with Evan and his parents tonight. And it's still quite a drive back from here to the hotel.

Around 6 pm we arrive at the hotel. We don't go to the hotel beach anymore because it's already a little late. When we arrive at our room, Evan's parents are drinking on the terrace in front of their room. Evan is in the shower I guess. They also just returned from the beach. "We made a reservation for tonight at a nice local restaurant in Pythogorio," his mother tells us. I walk to my room and jump in the shower as well and get dressed. I'm wearing a black dress.

"You look pretty!" Evan walks in, wearing black shorts with a white blouse. God, he's beautiful. "Liz Hello, are you there" Evan interrupts my thoughts. Damn it, Liz. "Yes sorry thank you, you look beautiful too, I say shyly. A smile appears on his face. "Shall we have another drink in the time the others are getting ready too?" he asks.

"Sure but do you mind if I take a picture of us first?" Before I can answer he is already standing with his arms around me. 

The photo is something like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We had reservations on the name Wilson" we walk into Aphrodite Garden Restaurant. We get a table by a tree with cute lights in it. My parents and I have been here before when I was a little younger but every night when we come by here everyone is dancing to local Greek music. 

After dinner we get from "the house" a piece of galaktoboureko. Our parents order another cup of coffee and Evan and I got some kind of pear juice with syrup or something. It is super sweet but really tasty. 

Suddenly the music gets louder. The serving staff begins to dance and more and more people stand up, including our parents. Before I know it, Evan stands up too and grabs my hand. "Can I dance with you?".

There I am, dancing in a full restaurant in Greece with a guy I'm only talking to for about a week but feel like we've known each other for much longer. We are dancing with all the people in a big circle. This is one of the traditions here in Greece. 

Suddenly everyone starts dancing in pairs. The pace of the music slows down so I already know what time it is. Evan's warm hands are on my hips. My hands are in his neck and our heads very close together. From the way he looks at me I almost get shy. He is so beautiful and cute. I can hardly believe this is really happening.

I really want to kiss him now and by the looks of it I'm not the only one. He leans forward and... Damn it, the music slowly softens. Everyone goes back to their seats. Our parents have seen everything of course. They look at us with a very big smile. I should hope that Mom won't be asking any questions now. Because that would be a bit to akward at this point.

Around 10:45 pm we walk back into the hotel grounds. "We go to the beach for a while okay?" Evan says to our parents as he takes my hand. We walk onto the beach and sit down in some kind of tepee tent, if you can call it like that. He puts an arm around me and I put my head on his shoulder, my hand on his stomach and his hand is playing with my hair. In this way we watch the starry sky in silence for a while and then walk back to our rooms together. There we find our parents having a drink with each other and we decide to join them for a while.