Chapter 8

Author's note:
Remember, Liz's thoughts are in italics.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the alarm clock. I am really tired. Yesterday we didn't get back to the hotel until about 12 pm. It was such a nice evening that we stayed for quite a long time. They wanted to hear Evan and me sing all night long. We sang everything from love songs to 80s songs. Everyone was super enthusiastic. But today we are going to have an early breakfast again because we want to get to the beach early. When we arrive at breakfast I see that I am not the only one who is still tired. Evan is also half asleep at the table. We sit down at a table next to them. "Tea?" the waiter asks. "Just a cup of coffee today, please" I answer him. I get up and go get food. I grab a bowl of yogurt with fruit and a sandwich with some eggs.

"Which beach are we going to today?" I ask. "Tsamadou beach," says Evan's mom. We go to that beach every year. It's a thinly stretched pebble beach with sunbeds. There is a nice beach tent that is usually very busy.  

After breakfast, I go to our room to change and pack my bags. I'm wearing a sort of light green bikini with a green plaid tank top over it and beige shorts.
I open my suitcase and take out a new book. I've already finished a book in the past few days. 

When everyone has packed their things, we walk to the car. It's about a half-hour drive. You drive on the main road along the sea and through the mountains. You pass Samos town and Kokkari.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look how beautiful the view is" I say enthusiastically when we arrive. I still marvel at how beautiful it actually is here. We have to go down a long set of stairs to get to the beach. First you pass a nude beach as you come down the stairs. I usually walk past that as quickly as possible. I don't know why but I don't like it.

We lay down on the beach in the back. There's always music on here. Some kind of relaxed house music. Evan and I take an umbrella with just the two of us. I lay my towel down and take off my clothes. "Mom do you have some sunscreen for me?". Unlike our parents, Evan and I haven't put on sunscreen at the hotel yet so I have to do that before we want to get into the water. "Shall I do your back again?" asks Evan. "Yeah sure, go ahead." He comes and sits behind me. The sunburn feels cold on my back but that's better than this heat here. Then I feel his warm hands on my back again. Liz stay calm, stay calm.

"Want me to do your back too?" I ask when he's almost done. "Yes that would be nice" he says while smiling. His hands separate from my body. He stands up and turns his back to me. "Sorry I don't have very warm hands but you are used to that by now I guess" I say before I start. I put some sunscreen on my hands and begin to rub his back. When I am done with this he turns around and suddenly gives me a hug. So we stand like that for a moment and I feel like I have a whole zoo in my belly right now.

I lie down on my sunbed and grab my book. Evan hands me one of his airpods. He's listening to music from "Blxst". I recently started listening to this music as well. In the corner of my eye, I see that Evan is looking over the edge of his sun bed. It's like he is searching rocks. I really have no idea what's going on in his head or what gave him the idea to do this, but I let him get on with it ofcourse. In the meantime, our parents also come back out of the water. I continue reading when Evan suddenly interrupts me. "Liz! Look what I found!" he says suddenly very happy and shows me a little stone in the shape of a heart. "This one is for you" I look at him smiling. Why is he so cute. "Aw thank you!" I say, still with a big smile on my face.

"Shall we go for a swim?" I suggest. He nods and we walk to the water. The water on this side of the island is always a little bit colder but that's not a bad thing because this way, you can cool off a bit with this heat.

I have to get used to the temperature of the water tho. Evan on the other hand dives right into it. "Are you coming, dummy" "I'm not as fast used to the temperature of the water, sweetheart" He swims over to me and pulls me further into the water. I surrender and let him pull me along deeper into the water. I quickly go under so that I am totally accustomed to it. I come up and notice that Evan is staring at me. "What?" I say smiling. "That was attractive. No excuse me, YOU are attractive" he says. I'm blushing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around 5:30 pm we are back at the hotel. Evan and I go to the beach to play volleyball for a while. "I'm definitely going to win from you" he challenges me. "We'll see about that."

"Yesss, look who's winning. It's me" "I let you win" "No way, I'm just better than you" "Shut up little one" "Asshole" Okey Liz, run. He runs after me and pulls me by my arm towards him after which he starts tickling me. "No, no, don't, Evan stop it!" I giggle out. "What did you call me again?" "I called you a asshole" "See, now you're saying it again" "Hey, you wanted to hear it again, it's not my fault".