Chapter 7

NeroMartinez: Good Morning

8,000,000 likes ~ 17,000 comments

---

Family day is a day or a few days where we spend time with our immediate families and try to make new memories. We aim to do this weekly or monthly because we know how crazy our lives get when we're on the road so we cherish the moments when we are settled.

Our last family day was spent at some ski resort so this time around, we're spending the next couple of days at Lake Tahoe. I personally have never been to Lake Tahoe but I know that Nero has been here on a guys trip so I'm happy to make a new memory and explore a new place.

"No cellphones." I tell the kids as I hold out my hand and I smile as all three phones are placed there. "Dad packed digital, film and disposable cameras for you guys so choose your pick."

"Dibs on the disposable." I hear Genevieve tell her siblings as I put their phones into my bag where they will remain for the next couple of days.

"I've got the digital." Vinnie says and Valerie dramatically sighs.

"I have film." She says while picking up the camera and I look back to see her filming me so I stick my tongue out at her which makes her giggle.

"We're about to pull up." Nero tells us as he starts to slow down. "Remember to be on your best behaviour, no fighting and remember the younger kids are going to be there so don't swear around them."

"We know." Vinnie responds as he runs his hands through his hair. "What's the first thing we're going to do?"

"Water activities since it's only 11 am." Nero glances down at his watch. "I rented out some kayaks and paddleboards for a couple of hours."