Chapter 18

It's so easy to get lost in the world of fame and the image that we create for ourselves that it almost feels foreign to sit down and relax. Having these bare faced, care free moments in the wilderness with my family has been some of the happiest times of my life.

Our final day is going to be a special one as we're taking the kids down the place where the camp used to be. We reached out to the new owners of the land to get permission and they have kindly allowed us to spend the night in one of the cabins they have out there.

"This looks like the start to a horror movie." Vinnie comments as we park outside the treeline. "Should we be worried?"

Nero chuckles, "Nothing to worry about. We reached out to the owners of the property who kindly allowed us to browse around the place."

"Where are we?" Valerie asks as we stare out at the wooded area which does look pretty creepy from our point of view. "Do we need to worry about bears? I bought some bear mace at the store that we stopped at."

I give her thigh a squeeze, "No need to worry about anything but coyotes."

"What?" Genevieve's eyes bug out. "COYOTES?"

"We're so dying tonight." Vinnie groans while running a hand through his hair. "Can I atleast get my phone so I can livestream my death?"

Neor slaps the back of his head, "Don't be stupid. Your mother and I would never put you guys in danger, we just wanted to show you a bit of our past."

"Wait..." Valerie looks at me and my eyes soften at the expression on her face. "Is this where you guys went to camp?"

"Yeah." I softly respond while looking at my husband and he winks at me. "This is where we made Vinnie and Genevieve."

"Gross."

Giving the kids a tour of the property turned out to be a lot more emotional than I anticipated as we found some of our old spots

Giving the kids a tour of the property turned out to be a lot more emotional than I anticipated as we found some of our old spots. We even came across this log that we carved our initials into because we didn't want to get in trouble for having it on a tree.

Thankfully, we brought our disposable camera with us so we were able to capture some wholesome pictures that I will be framing.

"Later we can get our swimsuits on and jump in the creek." I tell the kids as we make our way into the cabin that we will be staying in for the night. "There used to be some rope that we would use to swing on, hopefully there will be one laying around."