How Was my Innocent Mind Supposed to Process That?

Rose's P

Rose's P.O.V.

He started walking towards me and on instinct I raised my good hand to try to shield me from the wolf, I was only met with a whimper, and a wet nose against my hand.

I held my hand out, and closed my eyes waiting for the worst... when a minute passed and nothing happened I peaked open one of my eyes and was met with...Damien still in wolf form lying on the floor, as if he was trying to appear smaller, to not scare me?

I gazed around, trying to find an exit? Or some form help? I wasn't exactly sure, Lucian was still putting pressure on the claw marks on my forearm, while Xavier was rubbing my back trying to comfort me.

I did also notice the guards from earlier were dealing with that horrible blonde werewolf. And apparently they're only here after they were needed, I hope they get good and yelled at later.

It was odd, but nice. I can't remember the last time I had someone or three someone's care for me like this.

The bodyguard's I so desperately needed before were now restraining the violent blonde women, who had shifted back and was now extremely naked. But still fought with all her might, werewolves had no shame.

And you'd think that humans being raised in werewolf society would also not be ashamed of their nudity, but our parents engrave it into our brain before we're sent off to become slaves to our new Masters so it's there even if we don't want it to be and even if we want to fit in we still can't.

The bodyguards were also trying to keep back the group of people trying to get a video of all the commotion that was happening.

At least that's what I assume they were trying to do, but as I observed it felt like I wasn't really there, just watching from a distance. Is this what an out of body experience is?

A low whine brought me out of my daze, and I looked back at Damien, he was so close to me that if I reached my hand out I would be able to touch him.

He was still only barley moving his body, his tail however wouldn't stop moving.

His wolf must be very happy to see, me? Wait that couldn't be right,

I wasn't able to take my eyes off of Damien, every fear induced memory trying to come back full force, but I refused to be held captive by my memories.

They wouldn't do that, they wouldn't do that,

I kept chanting. Using every ounce of false bravado I had in my body I slowly reached my arm out just over Damien's giant wolf sized head, he stilled, his eyes watching my hand.

I was shaking from how absolutely terrified I was, most wolves get offended at the thought of anyone below them touching them especially in their wolf forms, but going out on a limb and believing Xavier, I slowly released my hand onto Damien's head.

My reaction was a soft gasp, his hair was so soft, like petting a dark cloud. Damien didn't disapprove of my touch either because in the next second he was making a sound that was like a growl mixed with a purr,

He was purring, and here I thought only cats had that ability.

Beside me I felt Xavier and Lucian tense then relax. Xavier leaned down to where I was the only one who could hear him, "I take it your not afraid of us anymore?", Xavier whispered a hint of amusement in his voice.

I didn't know how to reply to that so instead I gave a small nod, telling him I wasn't terrified of them. That didn't necessarily mean I was entirely comfortable with them but it seemed like he needed a win so I'll let him have this one. But in all honesty every other wolf scarred the life out of me, but he doesn't need to know that.

I slowly leaned closer to Damien's wolf form, my fingers digging in further into his thick coat. Lucian still holding on to my arm gave me comfort, like he could yank me away if danger were to present itself.

Which I suppose is what gave me enough courage do lean down and place a small chaste kiss on the top of Damien's head.

I blinked and the next thing I knew I was in Damien's human lap straddling him, his eyes were almost completely black, swallowing up every ounce of the gorgeous blue eyes, and letting me know his wolf was close to taking control.

His eyes aren't what I was focused on, it's what was poking me in the butt. Though I should be worried about his eyes, after all black eyes never went well with me.

Yet that thought didn't send me into a panic spiral, for some strange reason I realized that their wolves wouldn't hurt me either.

To keep my self up right I placed my hands on Damien's shoulder, his bare shoulder combined with what was poking me, I tried to scramble off of him.

"Oh no you don't", Damien said, his voice thick with amusement and what I believe was lust.

"I'm going to kiss you now mate," he said with finality, I began to sputter and blush like a ridiculous idiot.

Then he meshed his lips to mine and when our lips met it was as if the heavens expanded and welcomed us in, the sparks I had felt before were nothing compared to this.

The kiss was slow and steady at first, but slowly Damien began to dominate me, our tongues battling for dominance and him eventually winning. My hands were in his hair even the injured one though I felt no pain, his hands roamed up and down my back, causing more tingles to spread.

Is this what its like for wolves with their mates? If so I now understood why mates were so sacred how had I been living with this in my life.

Damien slowly released me from his hold and his kiss, I was breathing hard panting like a dog, oh the irony.

He leaned his forehead onto mine, my view was angled downward and I got an unwanted glance at his soldier, I jerked my head away and another one of my furious blushes spreading across my face. While wolves may be comfortable with their nudity that didn't mean I was.

Lucian had a look of approval on his face, while Xavier seemed to be pouting, I guess he wanted a kiss too. One of the bodyguards came over towards us slowly, almost hesitantly, and handed Damien a pair of sweatpants.

He gracefully stood up with me still in his arms and placed me down, then swiftly put on the pair of sweatpants, even then, in only a pair of sweatpants he still looked like a king.

I didn't get to stare at him for to long before I was scooped up into Lucians arms, he placed a kiss on my forehand, similar to the one I had given Damien. I muttered a soft 'thank you' to Lucian, he must have known my legs were getting tired.

Not to mention the blood loss from my arm was still getting to me, oh good more scars.

"Don't thank me just yet love, thank me after we get your arm fixed up." Lucian replied, seemingly a little dejected that I got hurt. At the mention of my arm, it started to throb, as if it had a heartbeat of it own.

Once we got through the crowds at the mall, and the 'news crew' that was waiting for us as we exited the mall, and as soon as we were seated in the car Lucian begins inspecting the would on my arm, and every time I would wince he would always say sorry even if it wasn't his fault,

These wolves are really just puppies in disguise.

Edited