C7 - Earthworm

Xiong Ye returned to his cave with the Scelidosaurus meat. Looking at the cave that he had carefully kept clean and tidy, he suddenly didn’t have the courage to go in.

Last year, there had been many things in his cave.

It had held the hides he had saved up, the beautiful stones he had picked up, and the bones of some of the dinosaurs he had hunted.

However, before the previous winter, after he had confessed to Shi Li and been accepted, he had taken all those things out. He gave the hides to Grandpa Hou and asked him to help him make some clothes and cushions.

He had given the beautiful stones to Grandpa Priest and entrusted Grandpa Priest with creating the perfect wedding for him.

As for the dinosaur bones… Shi Li hadn’t liked those things, so he’d thrown them away.

Back then, he had even given Shi Li half of the food he had stocked up for himself in preparation for winter.

Shi Li hadn’t joined the tribe for long, and because he was taking care of his mother and younger brother, he didn’t have any food saved up, so he… as someone who had awakened as a brown bear, he could reduce his food consumption during winter by hibernating.

But now, Shi Li actually went back on his promise.

Xiong Ye was a little angry, but he also couldn’t help but find excuses for Shi Li. For example, any strong male would naturally want to have more offspring. It wasn’t surprising that Shi Li would feel that way too.

But if Shi Li had been unwilling, he could’ve rejected him right at the start and Xiong Ye wouldn’t have had his feelings entangled for so long. Why did he only speak up about it now?

Shi Li had always been very good to him before. Now that he had suddenly changed, could it be that he didn’t actually mean it? Was it possible that Yang Ying or Yang Su had said something?

Xiong Ye thought about many things. He looked at his clean cave, then glanced down at his blood covered body and went out again, taking the Scelidosaurus meat with him.

If he stayed with the tribe, there would definitely be a lot of people coming over to ask him about Shi Li. It would be better if he left first.

With that in mind, Xiong Ye ran even faster.

There was a stream near the tribe. The people from the tribe had planted some seeds of edible plants near the edge of the stream, and they would also go there to fetch water or wash things.

A trampled path had already been created by many footsteps that lead to this place.

Xiong Ye planned to go there, but when he considered the fact that the place was a popular location that definitely would have lots of people, he headed downstream and plunged into the water there instead.

He soaked in the water, washing both himself and the Scelidosaurus meat, then placed the meat on the shore and began to turn over the rocks by the stream.

When he was hungry as a child, he had often come to the stream and flipped over the rocks nearby in order to look for crabs or other things. Sometimes, he would even be able to catch a snake…

Xiong Ye slowly turned over the rocks, but probably because of the cold weather, he wasn’t able to find anything underneath. However, because it was a rainy day, many earthworms had come out and exposed themselves to the air.

Xiong Ye remained in his animal form. He climbed out of the water and sat his butt down by the side of the stream, using his long claws to dig out earthworms.