C64 - Counting

Zhou Ji had known about Xiong Ye and Shi Li’s matters from the very start, and he didn’t care about any of it.

At the time, he had only felt grateful towards Xiong Ye. He had known that Xiong Ye’s reasons for wanting to become mates with him weren’t pure, yet he had still agreed despite that.

Now, however… Zhou Ji restrained his spiritual power that had rushed towards Yang Ying.

Yang Ying inexplicably felt a little cold. She shivered and trembled as she looked at Xiong Ye again, “Xiong Ye, help us for the sake of Shi Li. Even if you guys can’t become mates, you’re at least still friends.”

“I’m not friends with him anymore.” Xiong Ye said, “And even if we were friends, even my blood-related younger brother lives in the collective cave. Why should I take care of my friend’s younger brother?”

The environment and smell in the collective cave wasn’t good, but other than that, it was fine. It was actually warmer there in winter because they burned more firewood there.

Xiong Ye had always felt that living in the collective cave was pretty good. Why couldn’t it be lived in?

He had let Zhou Ji live with him back then because Zhou Ji had looked a little foolish at the time, and he had been worried that others would steal all his things… If he had known that Zhou Ji was actually very clever, he definitely wouldn’t have gotten involved.

Xiong Ye had seen a lot of life and death from childhood and had even killed someone during their trip this time… He wouldn’t do anything to Yang Su and Yang Ying, but he also wouldn’t sympathize with them.

Xiong Ye turned and left, heading towards where Zhou Ji was.

Yang Ying still wanted to follow, but Xiong Bai caught her and held her back, “Yang Ying, Xiong Ye won’t fight women, but I will! And that child of yours… If you continue kicking up a fuss, I’ll beat you every time I see you!”

After saying so, she immediately gave Yang Ying a slap that almost made her topple over.

Xiong Ye didn’t involve himself in these things… Fighting was commonplace in their tribe. It wasn’t uncommon to see people fighting one day, and then be happily eating together the next.

“Zhou Ji, have you finished cooking your porridge yet?” Xiong Ye asked, “It looks pretty good.”

He basically understood now; Zhou Ji liked to eat things that were nearly flavorless!

“Almost.” Zhou Ji took a spoon and scooped some up to taste it slowly.

“Is it delicious?” Xiong Ye asked.

“It’s delicious.” Zhou Ji glanced at Xiong Ye and didn’t appear to intend to give Xiong Ye a bowl.

Xiong Ye didn’t mind at all. He served himself a bowl to eat.

It was very delicious! Very fragrant and much tastier than vegetable soup. It would definitely be a great meal if it was eaten together with meat.

After Xiong Ye had eaten two or three mouthfuls of porridge, he no longer touched it. It was rare for Zhou Ji to like something, and he knew that although it looked like a big pot, only a small amount of the thing that Zhou Ji had called barley had been added to it. It was better if Zhou Ji got to eat it instead.