C8 - Pentaceratops

When Xiong Ye returned to his cave, he first hung up the Scelidosaurus meat, then ate the leftover piece of Struthiomimus heart that he hadn’t eaten last night as well as a large piece of meat.

Because he was in a bad mood, he wanted to eat even more.

After eating, he pulled out the small amount of salt he still had left and rubbed it all over the Scelidosaurus meat.

Using salt to cure the meat was one of the methods the priests had taught them to use in order to preserve it, but there was no salt near their tribe, so they needed to trade for salt from elsewhere.

Generally speaking, they would go to trade for it every spring.

Around this time, some of the more experienced warriors of the tribe had already gone out to trade for salt. He had originally also planned to go and learn a bit about how it was done, but he ultimately hadn’t gone because he was about to mate with Shi Li.

When he thought of Shi Li, Xiong Ye felt that his chest was about to burst from unhappiness. He rubbed his bulging belly that was full of meat, then shifted into his animal form. He poured himself onto the wooden bed he had made and fell asleep.

Xiong Ye was awakened by the sound of knocking on his door. Xiong Bai’s voice also rang out along with the knocks, “Xiong Ye, Xiong Ye! We’re going hunting!”

Xiong Ye opened the door and saw Xiong Bai.

Today, Xiong Bai didn’t look quite the same as usual. A vibrant dark green crown made of vines and small flowers adorned her head, and she had wrapped her chest with a piece of red dinosaur hide.

It looked quite cumbersome.

“Let’s go.” Xiong Ye said, and went out directly without bringing any weapons.

Those in the tribe who had relatively weak animal forms often wouldn’t take on their animal forms when they hunted. Instead, they would choose to fight in human form with weapons. However, it was different for him, and his animal form was his biggest weapon.

“Xiong Ye, why did you fight with Shi Li yesterday?” Xiong Bai asked as she chased after Xiong Ye.

Yesterday, Xiong Bai had watched with her own eyes as Xiong Ye and Shi Li fought. It had given her quite the scare.

Xiong Ye and Shi Li had never fought before. People within the tribe would often spar with each other, and Xiong Ye and Shi Li were no exception, but yesterday, their fight hadn’t looked like a practice spar at all!

Xiong Ye usually humored Shi Li, and Shi Li wouldn’t truly make a move against Xiong Ye, but yesterday… Shi Li had actually been clawed up by Xiong Ye, and he had even left several big wounds!

She felt that Xiong Ye and Shi Li might have broken up.

After guessing this, Xiong Bai was really quite happy–If Xiong Ye and Shi Li broke up, did that mean she could have a child with Xiong Ye?

Xiong Ye was strong and good-looking. Her and Xiong Ye’s child would definitely be very outstanding. Additionally, Xiong Ye treated all the children in the tribe who had no relationship with him so well; he certainly wouldn’t ignore their child if they had one!

Xiong Ye sped up his pace and didn’t speak.

“Xiong Ye, Xiong Ye, they’re all saying that Shi Li is too lazy and annoyed you, which is why you beat him up. Is that true?” Xiong Bai continued to ask questions.

Xiong Ye really didn’t want to answer.

Although Shi Li’s reaction and words yesterday really left him dejected, the two of them had known each other for eight years. He kept feeling like Shi Li hadn’t been sincere when he had said those words yesterday.