C36 - Primitive Wedding

Seeing Xiong Ye coming over with Zhou Ji in his arms, the priest was concerned and asked, “Xiong Ye, how is Zhou Ji doing?”

Xiong Ye smiled at the priest and purposely tried to make himself appear relaxed, “Grandpa Priest, Zhou Ji is much better now!” In fact, Zhou Ji wasn’t better at all and had been just lying there not moving; he was worried to death.

But he couldn’t show it.

Xiong Ye held Zhou Ji against his chest and gripped Zhou Ji’s hand tightly.

“Should we postpone the ceremony?” The priest was a little worried too. When he saw Xiong Ye rush off to wash up so early in the morning, he had thought that Zhou Ji had recovered. Now, it seemed that Zhou Ji hadn’t gotten better at all…

Generally, people who suddenly came down with such an acute illness would die in a few days…

The priest didn’t want to see Xiong Ye lose his mate at such a young age.

“No need.” Xiong Ye said, Zhou Ji had forced himself into consciousness for the sake of the mating ceremony; how could he disappoint him?

“Let’s get started then!” The priest sighed.

After the crystal core in Zhou Ji’s body had turned red, its rate of energy absorption had increased, and by the end of the morning, he had already absorbed about two tenths of the energy that the fruit contained.

Coupled with his plentiful experience in dealing with energy in his body, he could finally do a little more. For example, say a sentence or something…

As for walking… Since the priest hadn’t objected to Xiong Ye carrying him, he might as well let him continue.

The priest had in fact wanted to raise an objection: Zhou Ji looked like he was about to die. He could overlook the fact that the mating ceremony required the two of them to stand together, but they still needed to both kneel down to worship the Beast God. Fine, fine, he’d change it and let Xiong Ye do it on his own!

Although Zhou Ji didn’t have any attention to spare on controlling his own body, he had at least opened his eyes and noticed the priest’s worried look as well as the ambiguous gazes of the Big Bear Tribe’s people. He also took in the beautiful spread of fiery red flame flowers.

Flame flowers bloomed on shrubs. This type of flower was very large, and the leaves of these shrubs had been covered by the flowers and couldn’t be seen at all. It appeared as if it there were just giant bouquets of flowers, and the scene was truly beautiful.

Zhou Ji had studied this kind of plant for a long time. He didn’t feel that there was anything miraculous about it, but it was still very pleasing to the eyes when they all blossomed at once.

Of course, now was not the time to be focusing on flowers.

The priest stood in front of Xiong Ye and Zhou Ji. He wore a long fur robe that was made up of several pieces of animal hide sewn together, and his expression looked compassionate.

He parted his lips and spoke slowly and piously, “The great God has given us peace and happiness, and today, your worshippers have gathered together to pray. May the glory of the Beast God shine upon the entire world…”

“Omnipotent Beast God up above, Xiong Ye and Zhou Ji of the Big Bear Tribe will become mates today.”

“May they be together forever with the Beast God as witness and with the blessing of the flame flowers.”

……

The elderly priest spoke slowly, and the people of the tribe all knelt down excitedly and reverently. Only Xiong Ye was left standing with Zhou Ji in his arms, but he slowly set Zhou Ji down by his side.