001| Prolouge (Her Side)

PRESENT TIME

YG Entertainment Building, Seoul

Everyone is busy in YG Entertainment as they prepare the most awaited debut of the new girl group after the disbandment of 2ne1.

Tomorrow is the debut, and many people expect something from them as they come from the well-respected Entertainment Company in Korea, YG Entertainment.

"I am so excited!" Chaeyoung exclaimed and clung onto Lisa's arm, who seemed calm in the situation, but who knows.

"Have you settled with them already, Lisa-yah?" Jennie asked and sat beside Lisa.

"No..." Lisa muttered and let out a sigh.

"We understand, but I hope they'll accept it sooner," Jisoo said and patted Lisa's shoulder.

"I hope," Lisa said. "It's been a year, though."

"But of course, seeing your debut again will make them remember the past," Chaeyoung said. "You were their one and only girl member, after all."

=

And the most awaited time has come. The conference room was ready yesterday, and finally, the four members of Blackpink entered the hall, nervous.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Blackpink-imnida," they greeted as a group.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Blackpink Jisoo-imnida."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Blackpink Jennie-imnida."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Blackpink Rosè-imnida."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Blackpink Lisa-imnida."

The four felt intimidated as the reporters asked their questions with the newly debuted group of YG Entertainment already after the introductions.

"What are your positions in the group?" A reporter asked.

Jisoo, Jennie, and Rosè have done answering already, and now the focus is on Lisa, who appears to be nervous inside, but calm outside since she already has done this before, but with another group.

"I am the Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, and the Maknae of the group," Lisa said.

"Isn't Lisa-ssi, you are a Lead Vocal before?" A reporter asked. Lisa and the others didn't expect someone to ask her question with connections of her past group.

"N-ne," Lisa responded uncomfortably.

"Did you talk to BTS about your sudden decision to leave the group and join YG Entertainment?" Lisa was surprised. She glanced at the place of their Manager to ask for help, which she got the message quickly.

Their Manager paused the live and discussed the matter with the reporters before continuing the Press Conference.

And after an hour, they went back to their dressing room and caught their breath. "That was nerve-racking!" Jisoo said.

"Why did they have to ask Lisa about that? That was uncomfortable," Jennie sighed.

"It's okay, Unnie. We couldn't blame them, after all. My sudden withdrawal from BTS confuses them, and now I debuted with Blackpink," Lisa said.

"But it's been a year! Shouldn't they forget about it?" Chaeyoung asked.

"How? BTS is the first-ever group to debut with an only girl, which is Lisa. And then suddenly, Lisa withdrew from the group and joined us," Jisoo explained.

"They have already released a statement. A year ago? That's all matters," Jennie said and patted Lisa's shoulder. "But still, Lisa, you have to sort things out with BTS sunbaenim."

"I'll try if they would talk to me," Lisa said and forced a smile.

=

Their music videos trended easily, and their debut song "Whistle" even entered Billboard Charts. They are purely the monster rookies of 3rd Generation, and no one comes to doubt that.

Lisa is now alone in her room, and she was busy checking out the comments from their music videos when a word caught her attention.

Bangtanxxlisa: Ever since YG released the first-ever teaser of their new girl group, Blackpink, BTS went quiet on Twitter. They haven't posted for two months now, and it worries us. I hope they're okay after seeing Lisa debut with another group. This is so heartbreaking. I miss Bangtan ot8.

Lisa sighed, and tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She put her phone beside her as she began crying. She misses them, too, ARMY. She's lucky to have a fandom like them because even though she's not a member of BTS anymore, they still supported her debut with Blackpink and even helped Blinks stream their songs.

As much as she wanted to thank Army, she couldn't. She doesn't want to be selfish after leaving BTS for unknown reasons. And one more reason, she hasn't heard anything from BTS after leaving BigHit altogether. They didn't contact her, and they aren't answering her calls.

But as she was about to sleep, her phone lit up, indicating that someone sent her a message.

She grabbed her phone, and seeing the name of the sender made her sobbed even harder. She opened the message and wiped her tears to read.

Congratulations on your debut. You are so unique, as always.

She hugged her phone as she pictures Jung Hoseok in her mind.

"Oppa..." She mumbled. He was the only member who messaged her after a long year of waiting. She misses him a lot.

So, she sent him a reply.

To: Hoseokie Oppa
Thank you, Oppa. I miss you.

And after that, she dozed off to sleep, feeling happy about the message. She'd surely brag it to her unnies the other day.

=