16

Epilogue
7 years later
______________

"Aera, I'm having lunch outside, you want me to buy you something ?" Ian, your coworker, asked, peeking his head through the studio door.

"No thanks, I already have mine." You waved your lunchbag to him, keep focusing on your work on the laptop.

"Okay," Ian said.

"And about the producer that I've told you earlier, he's on his way here. You can meet him first, no need to wait for me, I've told him this collaboration project is yours." He said again.

"He's such a great producer, you'll like him, he has similar music vibes as yours. Have you listened to his song that I sent you earlier ? They're..."

"Yeah, yeah, Ian." You cut his words.

"I know he's great. Now you better go have your lunch and come back here soon, or you'll be late for the meeting. I want your presence at this meeting too." You said again, looking at Ian who was still peeking his head at the door.

"Alright." He said, "But I'll be late. You start first, no need to wait for me, okay ?" He smiled playfully.

"Bye !" He waved and closed the door, finally gone. 

You chuckled and shook your head at him, it was nice to see how enthusiast he was with this collaboration project.

You met Ian not long after you graduated from college, he was one of your mutual friends, and he had the same passion in music and arts just like you. The friendship then grew into something more, the two of you decided to build your own independent label where you were focusing on the music production and he was focusing on the visual production. Now in its fourth year, your label was growing well and you had some uprising artists under your company.

You were still focusing on your laptop when you heard a knock on your door.

"Coming," You said.

"There's someone who wants to meet you, miss Aera." Your assistant told you.

"That must be the producer Ian's talking about." You said, "Let him in." 

Your assistant nodded and got back outside, calling the person to come in. You gathered your stuff from the table, tried to tidy it up a bit.

"Hi, Aera ?" 

You heard a knock on your open door and someone greeted you. You looked at him and smiled.

"Hi, you must be the producer that Ian's told me. Come in, sit." You greeted him, gesturing to him to come inside. He followed you, closing the door behind him.

"Ian's not here yet, he's still having his lunch, he said he'll be late." You said to him, "I hope you don't mind, but I think we better wait for him before we talk about the project ?"

"Sure, no prob." He said, smiling slightly at you.

"Great. In the meantime, we can get to know each other first while waiting for him. Have we ever met before ? You kinda look familiar." You said, narrowing your look at him.

He was quite an attractive guy, wearing a nice shirt with a black leather jacket, you considered he was the same age as you. With his pale white skin and the nonchalance aura around him, yes he kinda felt familiar. But you couldn't clearly remember when or where you had met him before.

"Do we know each other ?" You asked again.

"Yes, we've met before." He smiled at you. 

He then stood from his seat, walking closer towards you. He put his hand on your cheek, caressing them with his fingers. It was weird because you didn't feel uneasy about a stranger standing really close to you, instead you felt something warm and familiar inside your heart.

"And we really know each other very well."

And with that he kissed you and hugged you tightly. His kisses were soft and deep, and what mattered most was that his kisses opened up something in your heart. Some warm feeling that felt weird yet so comfortable, like a feeling of longing and love that had gone before. 

A realization then hit back into your mind, making tears fall down through your eyes as he deepened the kiss. You knew this feeling, you remembered it now.

The comfort and nostalgic feeling when you smelled the pleasant odor after the rain. 

The petrichor.

You grabbed his shirt, didn't want to let go. You both shared the kiss for a while before he finally let go. He put his forehead on yours, still hugging you as you both stared at each other, couldn't contain your growing smile.

You looked deep into his eyes, the eyes that you knew years ago.

"You're back, Suga..."

* * * * *