Chapter 1: The Chance Encounter with the Other Rich Man's Daughter

Pat sat by the window, she felt the rain pelting on her palm.

In the background, she was playing her Lolo's records as she listens to Rey Valera's "Kung Kailangan Mo Ako" in her little messy room.

Letters, ticket stubs, a dartboard filled with photos, an old polaroid camera, other scraps of photos were thrown all over her threadbare bed.

Letters, ticket stubs, a dartboard filled with photos, an old polaroid camera,  other scraps of photos were thrown all over her threadbare bed

"May mga pagkakataon na iibahin talaga ang ikot ng buhay mo

"May mga pagkakataon na iibahin talaga ang ikot ng buhay mo. Pwede syang taon... pwede syang mga walong oras lang.... pwedeng minuto ... sa totoo lang hindi ko alam paano ito nangyari..."

" Pero lagi ko binabalik balikan ang mga sandaling yun. Ang mga oras, ang mga sandaling kasama kita," Pat's eyes were filled to the brim with tears as she looked at a photo of her with her glistening brown skin and a carefree smile, right behind her was a girl with a Dodgers hat stealing a kiss on her cheek.

"Yun--- yun ang tingin ko sa'yo. It took one chance encounter with you and I did not realize na yung taong akala ko magpapahamak saakin ended up being someone who made me feel so alive for the first time..."

She looks into her blinking phone and she sees a headline that read:

"Krystal Tanchingco Set to Leave for Los Angeles."

Pat closed her eyes and the tears flowed some more.

"Pero sana ganito nalang tayo lagi. No one told me that the love that made me feel so alive —-will also bring me so much pain that it feels like a dread, void, like something died in me ..."

"I am so sorry, Krystal. We are nothing but a chance encounter.  A moment, isang pagkakataon na at that time, it made sense--- that our lives somehow crossed paths.  Only for a time it made sense."

Her wet palm slowly traced the phone that had a Chinita beauty in front of her.

"Thank you, Krystal," she whispered.

————————————
---Months ago....

David Cassidy's "I  Woke Up In Love This Morning" was playing loudly in the speakers.