Chapter 6: Tattooed Sundays

Krystal woke up to an empty and cold bed

Krystal woke up to an empty and cold bed. She was still naked from the rather rigorous activities from the morning. Half awake, her hands crawled over the sheets as if looking for warmth. She looked around and she saw all her discarded clothes from hours before.

She slumped with her naked body as she picked up her underwear on the floor. She sighed and tried to get some clothing on. She swiftly wore her tank top while looking at her phone that had so many messages and missed calls. She noticed it was already almost noon. She sat on the queen bed as she massaged her forehead browsing through all the work emails.

She groggily walked to the bathroom still half awake, she rummaged through the free hotel toiletries and figured out the broken flushing mechanism.

"Ang luma talaga ng hotel na ito," she murmured to herself.

But then she heard the key to the main door and there she saw Pat in her tank top and jeans trying to balance out heavy paper bags. Krystal quickly stood up and helped Pat with obvious worry on her face.

"Ano ito?" Krystal asked. She immediately carried the items with her and slumped it on the faded wooden table.

"Hindi ko kasi alam kung ano gusto mo... kaya bumili ako iba ibang pastries. May pandesal, pan de coco, may croissant, may ham sandwich.... tapos yung kape ko may barako, may espresso shot pero baka watered down masyado para sa'yo kasi ang arte arte mo kaya bumili rin ako ng canned na kape..." Pat enumerated as she started laying out the food one by one on the table.

Krystal looked at her with wonder and a bright smile. Her eyes filled with tenderness. She watched the over-explainer Pat Lumaban reason out why she got each food item.

"So you did all this for me?" Krystal asked, clearly touched but Pat was still focused on enumerating all the breakfast she got.

"Tapos may polvoron kasi baka gusto mo dessert pero baka masyadong dry for you kaya bumili rin ako biko... pero baka naman ayaw mo naman na ganun... kaya just in case may chips ahoy... kaya lang baka nagkacount ka calories mo... kaya may itlog lang din ako tapos may oat..."