Chapter 3: Deal with the Devil

Krystal and Pat were sitting at a seedy 24-hour gotohan still trying to discuss a deal

Krystal and Pat were sitting at a seedy 24-hour gotohan still trying to discuss a deal.   The black and tinted BMW brought them there at 1:00 AM.   It was apparently one of Krystal's favorite hangouts.

The owners knew her well, so much so they knew she liked her goto with daing flakes and a big chunk of soft-boiled egg.

Three pieces of sili were right in front of her and a mixture of vinegar and patis.

She seemed very de numero.

Her food was organized and she was particular about everything. The Tanchingco also had a weird habit of smelling her food before eating it.

Krystal's bodyguards in their shades and short-sleeved barongs surround the restaurant's entrance.   Pat felt uncomfortable as she tried eating her hot regular goto.  It was in the wee hours of the morning and the classic Tootsie Guevarra song "Kaba" was blaring loudly in the jukebox.

Pat felt queasy hearing the song, she was also a little drunk for just a few gulps of the punch from the exhibit.

'Di makatulog sa gabi sa kaiisip

Sa diwa ko'y ikaw ang aking panaginip

O bakit ba ikaw ang siyang laging laman ng isip ko

Sa bawat sandali ay nais kang makita

Kapag tumitig na sa akin ay ligaya

Anong hiwaga ang nadarama anong kaba

"Kailangan talaga kasama natin sila? Ano gagawin ko sa'yo? At bakit sila nakashades----- gabing gabi na," Pat asked, weirded out with the men surrounding them.

"My dad hired them. When I go to public events --- honestly, it is more for me. It's a way for Lucky Tanchingco to control me. Ready na mga yan magsumbong bukas na I went to this cheap goto place," Krystal laughed as she shook her head.

Krystal opened the can of San Miguel beer in front of her bodyguards as if taunting them.

"Report nyo na!" She said laughing. Krystal was still studying Pat's profile on her phone. She logged onto her own howaboutwe profile and ended up in the reporter's  profile.