LIES

Y/N POV-

"Arlie, which dress do you like better?" I ask holding two dresses by either side of my body.

"The navy one looks good but the red one shows more cleavage." She says as she glances over each of the dresses.

"Yeah, but I need to hide the mic, so the navy one will hide it better right?"

"Nah you'll be fine either way, it's tiny it'll be hidden don't worry." she confirms.

"Okay." I walk into my bathroom, sliding the red dress over my figure. I check myself over in the mirror, smoothing out any creases before walking out to show Arlie.

"Wow, Y/N you look... really good."

I laugh to cover my ever-growing nerves bubbling up inside me. "I know."

"Way to ruin the complement, I take it back now." She laughs.

"Have you told Davies about this date you have planned tonight."

"Arlie, I've told you this, he doesn't need to know. He's stressed as it, plus he asked me to handle it. So that's what I'm gonna do and then," I smile "promotion time."

"I don't like this; he should know what you're planning in case anything happens. " She worries.

"That's what you're here for, you'll wait in your car listening and recording our conversation."

"Still don't like this but I'll do it," she shakes her head "you owe me though."

"I know, I know. Thank you."

She pulls me by my hips bringing me closer to her "Move your hair out of the way."

I pull my hair behind my back; she reaches down the front of my dresses fixing the mic in place. "Stay safe and have fun with the hot criminal." She teases lightly.

"Oh Arlie, before I leave, I wanted to mention... you might hear some things please just ignore it. It's just-" she cuts me off "Techniques to get her talking, I know."

"Okay, I'm ready. I'm gonna leave now so I can pick her up." I let out a shaky breath.

"Why are you so nervous, I've never seen you like this before over a case." She questions.

"It's not nerves, I'm excited about the promotion that's all." I lie.

Of course, it's nerves.

"Well, I have fun." She smiles.

"Okay here's my house key, lock up before you leave." I tell her.

"I know what I'm doing, don't worry... Now go before you're late." She hurries me out the door.

My heels click against the concrete as I walk to my car.

I input her address in the GPS and follow along until I approach a long road, empty of any houses or signs of life. By this point I'm further from the city than I've been before but still I follow along the road.

Until finally, a large black gate opens up for me slowly revealing a white and black sleek built mansion. Multiple cars are already parked outside, white lights line the walkway to the front door.

No. Fucking. Way.

She opens the door before I even have a chance to knock, almost as if she could see me coming. My eyes flicker between her, the slight view of expensive furnishing I can see peeking through the doorway, which she stood in and the modern building surrounding me.

"Regret making fun of my 'assistants' salary' now don't you."

"Y-you never mentioned you were rich." I blurt out in shock.