Chapter fifteen

The flames engulfed the floor little by little.

This was it for you.

You thought you were going to be killed by an animatronic, but this took a one-eighty.

Now you were going to be burned by someone who was supposed to be—you'd assume—a hero.

It was odd.

Then again maybe Micheal Afton wasn't so much as a hero as he was someone who was just trying to do what he needed to.

Didn't Springtrap also mention he was never caught? Wouldn't the police have caught up to him if they tried? It wouldn't be difficult to just keep looking and keep on making sure the cases or case was fully explored before determining anything.

Maybe he was forced to do this since he's one of the only ones who knows about Springtrap's crime.

Either way, destroying you wasn't really heroic.

He did try to convince you to get out, though. It might your stubbornness that caused this to happen.

You coughed some more.

You could hear someone calling out your name slightly, but you couldn't grasp out who.

"Here!" You called out, feeling your throat tighten painfully with each sound.

You stumbled a bit.

You didn't understand truly why Micheal was seen as bad through Springtrap's eyes, but you were sure that it was because he had always been trying to thwart his plans.

It made sense, but burning someone's ghost seemed a bit too much for you.

Or maybe you were just too in love with Springtrap to notice maybe him burning was the most sane end he could ever have.

But there was something about the way he said he would always come back.

It felt futile to even stop him at this point.

Plus why would you want to ruin his goals? Isn't the point of loving someone to help achieve their goals and support them no matter what?

Though, this relationship doesn't seem like the normal kind. Did I just allow a murderer to escape? You wondered as you fell over.

You could hear breathing nearby.

Robotic sounds could be heard, grinding and crunching.

Maybe Springtrap didn't leave...?

You weren't too sure.

The smoke made it hard to tell if the creature had stubby bear ears or tall, longish rabbit ears.

You coughed a bit more.

You could hear the sounds of robotic feet pounding on the ground go faster as the agile bunny approached you.

You were expecting him to betray you. Why was it the bad guy didn't leave you, but the supposed hero did? This was one corrupted switch.

You squinted at Springtrap.

"I'm surprised you didn't leave," you remarked as your gaze set itself on his slightly burned body.

Springtrap chuckled.

"I'm not afraid of fires, kid." He told you.