Epilouge

17 years later
Lexis P.O.V

Today is Adriana's 18th birthday which means she can finally watch the video I made her when she was 1.

"Are you ready?" I asked as I sat down on the couch next to Carlos

"I guess. I don't know what to expect" Adriana said and I just smiled softly and hit play

"Get comfy. This is a whirlwind"

The video

"Hey, Adriana. This week is going to be crazy so I decided might as well document it. I want to document all the major events in your life because they only happened once and I wish someone had done that for me and Carlos. First of all, you are about to turn one. I can't believe you are growing so fast"

"First of all, I wanted to say that now that you are 18 you probably already know we own the Russian-American Mafia. Well, Diego left a bunch of paperwork in his office we just recently found. It says that you have a choice of choosing to lead the mafia or if you want to let us lead it until you decide you are ready for it."

"Diego and Amelia promised me to never let you forget who they are. So this video I will tell you everything about them.
Diego and I have a rough past but he was like a father to me. He cared, he loved me, he believed in me which was something my actual dad didn't do. He loved you so much, when I saw him worrying you it was like you were the only thing that mattered. You know he was a pretty ruthless mafia leader.  He would kill women, children, anyone who got in his way but after you were born he changed slightly and he gave me and Carlos the mafia and we swore never to hurt innocents and we still don't. Your mom Amelia loved you so much. I remember the day she brought you home she left you with me and Carlos for hours because she took a shower and then fell asleep. She was always near you she couldn't stand being away from you. She made sure you were happy and taken care of and she never had any help or a nanny that your dad got for her. She never needed a helper with you because she was your mom and she wanted to do everything a mom should do. I never saw Amelia as my mom since she was just a few years older than me at the time, but I saw her as my best friend and I knew as soon as she saw you would be her whole world and it was true.

Anyways if you wanna know more about that you can just ask me whenever but about the important things. The real reason why I'm recording this is that I don't know if I'm going to make it out of what I have to do alive and I just want to make sure you knew how much your parents love you and how much I love you. I am going to avenge your parents who were killed in a plane crash which was orchestrated by the Italian and German mafia. I don't know what's going to happen but I do know that I love you so much and that you are my world. I made a promise to Diego that I would take care of you and I promise to keep that promise even after I'm dead. If I'm alive then ignore all this because I made it and the Italian mafia and the German mafia are handled."

"Since you're 18 a legal adult you are now officially a billionaire. You were a billionaire before you were one. You got a third of Diego's fortune plus you got all of Amelia's fortune and you even got the coffee shop where they met which is still up and running in perfect condition if you ever want to go see it we can take you. This money is yours you can do whatever you'd like go to college, buy cars, go shopping which I highly recommend, Or don't use it. It's there for you to use when you want to and by the end of this video it should be transferred to your name."