Chapter 8

"Jasmine?" She vaguely heard Raphs amused voice call her.

"What the actual SHIT you bonehead?!" She said as she opened her eyes. He chuckled and she felt it reverberate throughout his chest.

When Raph had come to her apartment to pick her up, he decided the best way to get the lair was by rooftop, despite Jasmines protests. He carried her and she desperately clutched onto him and shut her eyes as he whisked her away over New York.

"What? I told you that we were going by rooftop," he fought back a smile and looked at the girl in his arms. She frowned up at him.

"I thought I said to take it slow. That was ANYTHING BUT SLOW," she growled at him. "You absolute asshole." He chuckled again and set her down gently. She wobbled on her feet a bit before standing straight up.

"That's gonna take some getting used to," she muttered to herself. Then she crossed her arms at Raph. "So, do you take all the girls to creepy abandoned alleys at night?"

"Like I said before, only to kidnap them," he winked before lifting up the manhole cover. She raised an eyebrow.

"You're kidding." She started into his stone serious expression and sighed. "You're not kidding. Alrighty then," Jasmine made a 'now what?' Gesture and Raph smirked.

"Now for the fun part." He reached for her hand and brought her closer to the open manhole cover. "I'll go down first, then follow me. Be careful on the steps, they're slippery." He warned. She nodded and watched him quickly disappear downwards.

"Okay, come on," he called up to her and she sighed before shrugging to herself.

"Don't worry Jasmine. It's just a ginormous turtle luring you into a sewer. What could go wrong?" She mumbled as she started the climb down.

Apparently Raph was right since she made it almost all the way down and slipped on one of the last steps, squealing and falling backwards just to be once again caught in Raphael's arms.

"You've gotta stop doin' that," he smirked and she blushed.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever," she grumbled and he put her down; climbing a few steps back up the ladder to close the manhole. When he landed back softly beside her she crossed her arms and looked around the dark sewer.

"I swear to god if something jumps out at me I will either pass out or punch it," Jasmine told him.

"Relax. No one 'cept us comes down here," he assured her with a smirk. She looked around again just to make sure.

"This gives me major It vibes." At his confused stare she pursed her lips at him.

"The movie? Pennywise? Scary ass clown that eats children?" She listed off and he gave her a confused look.

"What kind of shit do you watch?" He asked.

"Okay we're gonna have to have a movie night." She sighed and he chuckled again before grabbing her hand and dragging her through the tunnel, only one thought going through her mind the whole time.

"If I see a fricking clown, I'm out."

They arrived a short walk later to the "lair" and Jasmine looked around in awe.

"Okay, when you brought me to the sewers; I was not expecting this," she said. He looked over to her.

"Yeah. This isn't really part of the sewers. It's a combination of an abandoned subway station and the sewers," he explained. She wandered further into the main room and looked around, only to be quickly greeted by the energetic youngest brother.