Chapter 10

"Because I know you?" She asked, confused. He started to pace and muttered stuff to himself that Jasmine couldn't hear. "Raph. What do you mean?"

"He asked about a photo of me. Do you still have one?" He asked suddenly. Jasmine looked down and nodded. He stared at her. "What?"

"My backup memory. All serious photographers have cameras with a secondary memory. I uploaded the photo onto my laptop after I came back here." She said quietly. He stared at her and she could tell he was fighting back anger.

"Jasmine-..." he huffed angrily.

"I know, I know. It's just I didn't want the photo to be gone because-..." she stopped and he looked at her. She looked down again. "Because I was afraid I wouldn't see you again." His eyes softened and he sighed, rubbing his hand down his face.

"I've gotta say, you're the first person that actually wants to see me again," he muttered and then started to pace again. "But my question is, how did they get past Donnie's security system and into your apartment?"

"Ask Donnie," Jasmine said plainly. He stopped pacing and rolled his eyes.

"Well duh. I will once I get back," he sighed. "Are you sure you'll be okay here tonight? I don't want you getting attacked again."

"Yeah. I'll be fine," she bit her lip, letting her nervousness show through and Raph saw it. He walked over and crouched in front of her where she was sitting on the couch. She looked into his green eyes as he gave her a small smile.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"I'll be fine, Brooklyn. Besides, I know you'll be here if I need help," she gave a tight smile back and he nodded, hesitating before gently brushing a stray piece of her dark hair out of her face. Jasmine felt a blush creep across her cheeks as he stood.

"If you need me, call me," he said before he jumped out her window, leaving her and him both with confused feelings running around their heads.

<<{}>>

"He came, Master. You were right. Raphael seems to be very protective of her."

"Good. Now we know how to draw him out." The dark figure had a hint of a smirk in their tone. The cloaked one that was in Jasmine's apartment stayed kneeled in front of them. "Set the next part of the plan in motion."

"Yes, Master."

<<{}>>

Jasmine didn't sleep. At all. She stayed in bed with her eyes open, listening for the slightest noises. I mean, thank god it was Friday though.

She groaned when her alarm went off and rolled slowly out of bed. When she went to the bathroom to start getting ready, her own reflection scared her. Under her eyes were purple from lack of sleep and her face was droopy. She sighed and splashed some cold water on it, accomplishing nothing but making herself cold.

"Fuck it," she huffed before changing into a hoodie and sweats and going to the kitchen to get coffee. As it started to brew, she leaned against the counter and checked her phone.

1 New Message

Brooklyn❤️🐢- Are you still alive?

Jasmine- Barely.

Brooklyn❤️🐢- Well unless someone has your phone I assume you're still alive

Jasmine- smartass.

Brooklyn❤️🐢- I talked to Donnie last night. I'll come pick you up tonight to come down to the lair if that's okay

Jasmine- as long as someone helps me with calculus I'm fine with that