Chapter 15

Mikey was the one who carried Jasmine to her apartment, trying to keep things as light as possible by talking to her and trying to keep her calm. It didn't work very well.

When they arrived at the roof of Jasmines apartment, Mikey gently set her down and gave her a smile, which she returned with a tight smile back.

"Alright. Is he still there?" Leo said quietly. Donnie brought up a holographic monitor and glanced at it.

"Looks like it. It looks like he's just-... waiting. I can't see much, it's too dark." He replied. Jasmine bit her lip in anxiousness.

"Well now what?" She hissed. Leo's eyes narrowed and he unsheathed one of his twin katanas.

"Now we finish the fight." He nodded at Donnie and Mikey who both grabbed their weapons.

"What about me?" Jasmine asked. Leo looked at her.

"I've come to realize that you're just as stubborn as your boyfriend, so telling you to stay here would probably do nothing." He started. Jasmine felt her cheeks flush at the boyfriend comment and thanked the fact it was too dark for Leo to see her face. "But still, stay here. At least until we've gotten a good handle on Blackout. I don't need you getting hurt under my watch, or Raph will rip me from my shell," he finished and Jasmine sighed before nodding and giving a small smirk

"Rip you from your shell? That's a bit harsh, isn't it?" She said, trying to push down the ball of nerves sitting in her throat. Leo gave a rare but amused smile.

"It is. But it's Raph after all," he said, before nodding to his brothers and jumping off the roof, sticking his katana between the bricks of the building wall and stopping his fall on the side of Jasmines apartment floor. She raised an eyebrow, impressed at how cool Leo made that look.

"Show off." She thought to herself. Donnie leaned over the side of the building, waiting for Leo to give the all clear. When Leo finally opened the window and went through, Donnie gave Jasmine one last wave before following his brother.

"Don't worry Jazzy bear. We'll be in and out in no time," Mikey winked at her before leaving her alone on the roof. Jasmine looked over the edge where all three of them just jumped off of; and shook her head.

"Nuh uh. No way am I going that way." She said to herself as she went in the direction of the fire escape. "Crazy assholes," she muttered. As she slowly made her way down the fire escape to her floor, she hears the muffled sounds of a fight and things being hit within the walls of her apartment. Jasmine winced when a particularly large bang was heard against her wall.

"I swear if they break my TV, I'm gonna lose my shit," she grumbled as she finally made it to her window at her bedroom. She peeked inside before trying it. Locked. "Well shit. Now what?" She looked around, trying to find another way into her apartment. Seeing no other way except the other window that was located too far away from the fire escape to get into, Jasmine sighed and rubbed her temples.

"My landlord is gonna kill me," she groaned before smashing her elbow through the bottom half of the glass and unlocking the window, carefully entering her room and being careful of the broken glass now scattered across her room floor. Her head snapped up when she heard an unpleasant thud and a cry out.

She winced when she peeked out her bedroom door saw Donnie laying in the hallway and Leo and Mikey still holding off Blackout. She crept down the hallway, hearing grunts of pain from all three of them, and waited until Leo was facing her in a long parry against Blackout.

His blue eyes flicked briefly towards Jasmine and she nodded to him. He just narrowed his eyes against Blackout and rammed the hilt of his katana into Blackouts shoulder before flicking his eyes back to Jasmine, quickly nodding his approval while Mikey came at Blackout with a flurry of hits. She ducked and ran behind her overturned couch, her eyes set on the holster under the kitchen counter. When she got another chance, she sprinted to the kitchen and slid behind the counter, resting her back against it and grabbing the pistol.