Chapter 12

"So things are going okay with you and James?" Jasmine yelled from her closet. Kelly's face on the laptop sighed dreamily and she rested her chin in her palm.

"Amazing. He's so nice. And hot. But now I'm pretty sure that he's raised my expectations wayyyyy too high for any other guy to follow up," Kelly said and Jasmine laughed as she quickly pulled her hair up into a bun and sat back down at her computer.

"Well I'm glad that he's there to protect you while I can't," Jasmine sighed and Kelly gave a sympathetic smile.

"How's the big NYC?" Asked Kelly. Jasmine shrugged, an unconscious smile coming to her face at the thought of Raph.

"It's pretty good. I like it here," the smile stayed on her face and it didn't go unnoticed by Kelly.

"Is it just the city you like, or someone in particular that you like?" Kelly smirked. Jasmine blinked and felt herself blush.

"What? Pshhhh, nooooo." She lied weakly. Kelly laughed and smirked again.

"You're such a bad liar, Jazzy. Now spill. Tell me everything. Is he hot? What do you think of him?" Kelly asked rapidly. Jasmine froze and bit her lip a little, glancing down at her wrist to see the writing still there from her mysterious soulmate.

"I-... I don't know what I think of him." She sighed. And she was being fairly honest. Raphael wasn't exactly the easiest to get along with sometimes, but he was a great guy. Nice, confident, brave, and pretty handsome.

"Jasmine!" Jasmine looked at the screen to see Kelly giving her another smirk. "I called you like, five times."

"Sorry Kelly. I was just thinking about some homework." Jasmine forced a smile but her mind was still on Raph.

"Yeah. Right," Kelly teased before she looked behind her at the clock. "Sorry Jazzy, I've gotta go. James is picking me up and we're going to a movie tonight," Kelly said apologetically. Jasmine waved her off and smiled.

"Have fun."

"You're the best Jazz." Kelly smiled and Jasmine laughed as she hung up.

The room went quiet and Jasmine looked out her window, her mind still trained on Raph. She put on a red hoodie and opened her window, crawling out, climbing to the roof and sitting down, swinging her legs over the edge. A thud behind her made her head swing around and a smile appear on her face.

"Hey there stranger," she greeted and Raph smirked and crossed his arms before wandering slowly towards the edge of the roof.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out on a rooftop at this time of night?" He asked. Jasmine laughed and turned her head again to look back at the nightlife of New York to prevent the blush from spreading farther into her cheeks.

"Oh, the usual. Just thinking about some stuff."

"Well. If you're up for it, still wanna go down to the lair? We have patrol but you can hang around the lair while we're gone for a bit then Donnie can probably help you with calculus," he offered. Jasmine smiled and shrugged.

"Why not. Just let me grab my bag," she saw him give a small smile and nod before she climbed back down her fire escape, going out and making sure her apartment door was locked before putting her phone, laptop, binder and textbook into her bag and going back to the roof where Raph was leaning against a wall waiting.

"Ready?" He asked. She rolled her eyes with a smile and pointed at him.

"I swear to God if you do something stupid while we're on our way there, I'll de-shell you." She threatened playfully. He chuckled lightly before going over to her and holding out his hand.