II

"hello Rei."

there he stood, in the doorway of my stable. Wilbur.

"what brings you here Wilbur?" i ask, monotone. "i just wanted to visit an old friend." he says, smiling. "oh? who might that friend be? if you don't mind me asking." "you."

i am not your friend.

"we're not friends Wilbur." i say, anger lingering in my voice. "oh right, you don't consider us friends. you wanted something more." he says, a smirk playing across his face.

now he's done it.

"what the fuck do you want Wilbur?! can you just leave me be?" "i wanted to make things right. i realized the irrationality i had when i exiled you." he says. "there's nothing to make right Wilbur. leaving that place was probably the best thing that's happened to me." i look at him. my expression painted with anger. "if you hate the place so much, why were you there today?" he asks. my stomach dropped.

how does he know i was there?

"i'm gathering from your silence that i'm right. i see you stopped by to get your things. unless you collect all of the netherite within a span of two months."

he's so cocky, full of himself.

"leave Wilbur. you have no business being here." i say sternly. "oh but i do." "and what would that be?" i ask. "listen Rei. i love you, i truly do. and i want you to come back. i need you." he says, his expression softening. "bullshit. you don't love me. that was clear when you exiled me. and you don't need me. you need my combat. now, leave. this is the last time i'm telling you before things get messy." i say.

he doesn't love me. he only wants me to help his war cause. fuck him.

i felt my eyes burn while tears well up in them. Wilbur let out a defeated sigh. "you have no choice Rei. you have to come, or i will-" he was interrupted by footsteps. a hooded figure loomed over him. "well we'll well. look who it is." Wilbur said, smiling. "three enemies in one room? who'd have thought?" he continued. the hooded figure took off their hood, revealing the same pink hair and mask i saw in the Nether. "you've gotta be kidding me." i say, pinching the bridge of my nose. "now, since you're here Techno, do you mind helping me wi-" "why would i help you exactly?" Techno asked him. Wilbur only laughed and pointed to me. "we both have the same enemy. why not kill one bird with two stones." Wilbur says. "that's not how the phrase goes, dumbass." i say, infuriated. "doesn't matter. you get the gesture." Wilbur says. i roll my eyes.

today really couldn't get any worse.

"just because me and Rei aren't on good terms doesn't mean i'm going to help you kill her." Techno says. "no no i don't want to kill her, just drag her back to L'manberg. that's all." "do i get a say in this?!" i ask, frustrated. "no, my love." "don't call me that." i say. "Wilbur, leave." Techno says. i wasn't going to question him for helping me, i just wanted Wilbur out of here. "what are you? her boyfriend now?" Wilbur asks. "i just don't want to deal with you anymore." "then leave." Wilbur says. i see Techno draw his axe. it's now two against one. "fine. you want me gone that badly. but this isn't our last meeting." Wilbur says as he walks out of the stables, leaving me and Technoblade alone. we lower our axes and look at eachother. he breaks the silence. "i saw you in the Nether. you went through the same portal i go through, i genuinely thought that you were heading for my base, because i thought i was the only one who uses that portal. so i followed you." i look at him and debate on wether to thank him or scold him. "well now you know that i use that portal too.." i trailed off and the silence grew again.

"thank you for helping me with Wilbur."

"it's no problem. i wasn't just gonna let him take you against your will." he said in return. i nodded in response. "why are you helping me?" i ask, not thinking before i said it. he turns his head towards me and meets my gaze. he was about to speak when we heard heavy flapping above the stable. "that's my cue." he said, walking out of the stable. i hear two men talking, then the flapping returned. flapping away from me this time. i sit, completely distraught. i take a deep breath to calm myself down.

you'll be fine. brush it off .

i walk over to Scarlets stable, who is against the back wall, scared. i climb over her gate and approach her. i place my hand on her snout and pet her, trying to calm her down. i lean my head onto her shoulder. tears slowly fall down my face as Wilburs words started to play in my mind

'i love you, i truly do'
'you wanted something more'
'i need you'

i feel Scarlet lean her head on me. i scratch her neck and leave the carrots in her trough. i walk back to my house, axe drawn. i don't hear anything while walking back. i shut the door behind me, making my way to the kitchen. i prepare to make some stew for me and Anthero.

after dinner, i cleanup the dishes and head to my room. i changed into nightclothes and climbed into my bed, pulling the covers over myself. i lay on my back and sort out everything that has happened within the past two hours. i went to L'manberg to retrieve my stuff, i went to the Nether and saw Technoblade, i was confronted by Wilbur in my own stable, Technoblade showed up for some reason and helped me get rid of Wilbur. wow. i don't have the mental capacity to process this tonight. i rolled over as i felt Anthero jumped onto the bed. he snuggled up to my legs, his warmth causing me to fall asleep.

i wake up to Anthero scratching at my door. i cover my eyes from the sun blaring through my window. "you probably need out huh." i get up and look through my wardrobe. i grab a white button up, black high waisted trousers, and black lace up boots. i throw up my hair in it's normal bun, to prevent it from getting in my way. Anthero whines at the door as i inspect myself in the mirror.

that damn dog.

i smile as i see him get excited when i turn the door handle, letting him out. i follow him down the stairs, and to the front door. i pull the door open. a light breeze flows into my house. i look around the dew bound grass, noticing footprints leading up to my door. they were to big to be mine. i follow the footprints to the edge of the trees.

strange.

i don't have a weapon on me, so i'm gonna pray that whoever was here last night, isn't here now. i turn around and start my way back towards the house, noticing a piece of paper stuck to my door. i picked it up and read it

"meet me at the border of L'manberg tomorrow before the festival. i need to discuss something with you.
-Technoblade"

you've gotta be shitting me. why does he want to meet up with me? he's gotta be pulling me leg if he thinks i'm meeting HIM at the border of the country that exiled me.

i shoved the paper into my pocket and walked back into the house. i pulled a chair up by the fireplace and pulled out the note.

i read the note over and over again until the words were pretty much memorized.

should i go? i don't think he would pull anything after what he did last night.

what are you thinking? just because he helped you get rid of Will, doesn't mean that suddenly, he's your friend.

i put my forehead into my hands as the thoughts filled my head. "for gods sake, shut up!" i say. since they were MY thoughts, they didn't shut up. they just continued.

i glanced over the name at the bottom of the note. "i'm really gonna regret this later." i say, standing up. i walk over to my chest and open it, rummaging around for supplies in case i'm not home for a few days.

i really have no idea why he wants me there or what he wants from me. i don't want to be near L'manberg after yesterday. but it's too late now, i've already made my decision.
________________________________

drink something bro, you look thirsty