XVI

Ranboo's POV

sizzles and cracks come from the campfire in front of me. Phil sits across from me, spacing out into the flames, while Technoblade sits to the side of me, his face buried into his hands. his breathes are heavy and fast as he starts to slightly panic.

i place a hand on his shoulder .

"take a breath Techno. they will be okay. they are tough." he sighs in response.

"thanks Ranboo." i give him a sincere smile.

a snap from a branch is heard from behind me. i quickly turn around to see the source.

"oh you've gotta be pulling my leg here." Techno says as Dream walks out from the trees. "how did he find us?" phil whispers, directed towards me and Techno.

Technos eyes widen. "oh fuck." he says under his breathe. "what? what is it?" i ask, drawing my sword from its sling as Dream approaches. "my note Ranboo! my note to Rei said i was outside of the house." i mentally facepalm as Dream gets closer.

"funny seeing you here." he says, a sinister tone lacing his voice. no one responds.

"awh? cat got your tongues? oh, nevermind. you all are just dumbasses who put their location in their love letters. pitiful." he continues, his tone changing to fake sympathy. Techno sighs beside me.

lets just get this over with.

Rei's POV
(a few minutes earlier)

the metal in my hand shines as the tears fall from my face. i fidget with the compass. "oh what have i gotten myself into." i say, closing my eyes as a new wave of emotions hits.

i examine the compass, noticing a crack in the metal. i trace my finger over the wound like damage on the compass. the crack expands as i pull on the compass. a small compartment slides out.

a small pin falls into my hand as i dump it.

"one smart pig." i say, fidgeting with the pick.

i struggle getting the lock to open. i move the pin in different pattern.

*click*

a satisfying click emits from the lock before i push the door open.

"bingo"

i step out and check my surroundings, seeing no one. i continue towards the front door, constantly checking the area.

"Rei!" a whisper is heard from behind me.

i turn around to see Antfrost. "Rei they know. they're gonna kill me-" he started to ramble about his dilemma. i place a hand on his shoulder. "Antfrost! take a breathe and calm down. im leaving. and you can come with me if you wish." he quickly nods and latches onto my hand. i laugh and continue towards the exit.

we made it. we step out of the house and walk into a clearing. "what's that?" Antfrost points to a light coming from some trees. "let's see" i say, making my way through the brush.

voices are heard from the small wood.

"...location in their love letters. pitiful." dreams voice peirces my eardrums.

oh fuck. he found them.

thanks to you

my eyes widen. before i know it, i'm sprinting towards the light source. Ant following close behind.

four figures come into vision as i grow closer.

Dream stands in front of Phil, Ranboo, and Techno.