XV

Rei's POV

"why did you even want me in the first place?" i ask him. "i admire your skills in combat, and i wanted to use that to my advantage involving L'manberg." he says.

he is out of his mind.

i give him a disgusted look. "you are sick Dream. taking someone hostage just for your advantage." "and you're sick for killing someone with no remorse. we're in the same boat Rei."

my stomach clenches are his words.

i had remorse. just not while i was doing it.

"that's what i thought. i'll be back in a few hours to show you the ropes." he walks out of the room.

"the ropes?" i say to myself

Dream brought me to his house and has me in his basement. there is no windows to see anything from the outside. i've only been here for about thirty minutes and i already feel like i'm going insane. i wonder if Techno is searching for me.

god Techno, i hope you get here soon.

Technos POV

Phil and i follow a few dozen yards behind Dreams crew. we arrive at a small house about three miles away from my cottage.

"what are we gonna do about the other guys? it's gonna be hard to 4v2." Phil says to me as the men go inside the house.

"i have a feeling that we won't be doing it alone." i say, spotting a figure deeper into the forest. "wait here, i'll be right back." Phil nods in response as i approach the figure. i did not draw my axe, for i know who it is.

"Ranboo, glad you could make it." i say, a smirk playing on my face.

"it was my pleasure."

Rei's POV

i walk along side Dream as he shows me around the house. "how long do you plan on keeping me here?" i ask, voice monotone. "how ever long i need to." he responds

he grabs my arm as we walk outside. he shows me the small homemade arena for training.

"this is where you will be training. you will be supervised by George while in the arena." i don't respond as we walk back towards the house.

a figure moves in the forest beside us. Dream doesn't notice, however, i do. i smile to myself as i see the faint green and white stripes on Phil's bucket hat behind the trees. he gives me a mischievous smile in return and watches us walk back into the house.

////////////////////////////////////////

i strike the mannequins side. i feel George's eyes on me as i continue to beat the dummy. i step away from the mannequin and look back at George.

"can i take a break?"

he nods and i sit on the bench a few yards away.

"Rei, listen to me. i'm going to help you, but you need to trust me on this one okay?"

i snap my head up to the voice. it's Antfrost. "what do you mean? Dream will kill you." i say.

"not if you do first."

he explains his plan on my escape. "now, in two days, you will come to the arena at sunrise. you try to 'escape' but i catch you. we duel, you evidently killing me. when the guys find me, they're going to go after you, leaving me alone. we will meet at your house after you and Techno take care of Dream and his gang." i glance back at George to make sure he wasn't listening. "how do you know about Techno?" "me and him go back. now, i have to go. i'll see you in two days." and with that, Antfrost left the arena. "break times over Rei." George says from the stands. "i get it i get it."

i lay in my bed, longing to occupy myself. i have no idea what's time is due to the lack of windows.

a knock at my door is heard. Dream opens the door and speaks grimly, "you have a visitor." i stand up quickly. "who?" "just come on." i roll my eyes at his snarky response and follow him up the stairs.

we walk into the living room, and i'm met with none other than Ranboo. my mood immediately sours. "i'll be waiting just outside." i nod as he leaves. before leaving he leans close to my ear and whispers "i have to the place monitored, so don't think about it."

i clench my teeth at his words. he leaves the room.

"Rei i-" "why are you here Ranboo?" i ask, bot moving from my place. he sighs. "i need to apologize. and i have some news." i cock my eyebrow up.

"go on." he gestures for me to sit beside him on the couch. i slowly make my way to the couch. "Technoblade is here. he's come for you. he's teamed with me and Antfrost to get you out. i met with him earlier this morning." i feel relief spread over me. "i knew about Antfrost, but you? why are you involved? didn't you help take Techno to his literal execution?" he sighs in response. "i already told you, i didn't have a choice. and you're my bestfriend Rei. i don't want to lose you. i was crushed when you were exiled. and i don't want you to be taken away again." it felt like my heart shattered at his words.

"oh Ranboo, i'm so sorry. i had no idea you felt like that." i look down at my lap in embarrassment. Ranboo wraps his arms around my shoulders i immediately hug back.

"i'm so sorry." i say into his shirt. "no, i'm sorry." we sit in the embrace for a few more minutes. i pull away. "here is Antfrostd plan"

i explained his plan to Ranboo, who was quite pleased with it. "sounds good." Dream walked in. "times up." i sigh and look at Ranboo. he gives me a weak smile in return. i nod to Dream as i begin to approach the doorway. a strong tug on my wrist pulls me back. Ranboo gives me one last hug. i hug back immediately, enjoying the embrace. i feel him slip his hand into my front pocket as he pulls away. i give him a big smile before walking out with dream.

i pull a small metal piece out of my pocket. it's a compass. it shines with enchantment as i read the label.

"Techno"

i smile as i read the name. i open the compass and a note falls out. unfolding it carefully, i read it.

"my dearest Rei,

i know that i let them take you away. i'm so sorry. i wanted to let you know that im coming. Antfrost and Ranboo are going to help you get out. i'll be waiting outside of the house.

love

Technoblade"

i hold the note to my chest and exhale in relief.

tears fall from my face as i reminisce his presence.

Dream barges in the room. i fumble the note in my hands. he holds his hand in front of him. "give me the paper." i don't respond. "did you hear me? i said give me the paper." he approaches me and snatches the paper from my hands. so my surprise, he lifts his mask up to read the note. deep green eyes scanned the paper. freckles dusted his face like dirt, his jawline sharp enough to slice through trees. his lips curve into a thin smile as he reads it. he crumpled up the paper and throws it to the side.

"i'd like to see him try. now, i know where he is, and i can take care of Antfrost. thanks for your help Rei~" a smirk plays in his face. my face turns into a angered expression. "why so upset darling? now, you're stuck with me. and what's so bad about that?" "id rather die then spend another day with you." he laughs as he approaches me. he puts his index finger under my chin, lifting my face to meet with his. "too bad i don't have the heart to do it." 

he leaves me sitting on my bed, distraught.

"i'm done for."

_______________________________

i kinda forgot to post this- sorry🏃🏻‍♀️