VII

tw: violence, fighting, choking
________________________________
it's almost been two months since Technoblade brought me back. i pretty much returned to my old mindset after settling back into my home. i had try to forget about him, solely to get over the thought of liking him. he's not my enemy persay, i just didn't want to have those feelings towards him. and plus, if he wanted to visit me, he would've done so by now. so why do i still think he'll just show up at my door one day?

why? why do i want to forget him?

Kennedy had pretty much moved in after i came home, which i didn't mind. it was nice to have some company after being alone for so long. she helped with the house so i didn't mind her being around. "Rei are we out of blaze powder?" Kennedy called from the kitchen. "is there none the chest?" "no" she says. "shit." i walk to my room to grab my armor and my axe. "i'll be back." i say, heading towards the door. "okay. be safe!" she calls. i walk out of the door before responding, heading towards the portal.

i kept remembering my encounter with Technoblade in the Nether those months ago, shaking my head every time it came to mind.

i had slain the 12th blaze that i had encountered. "that should be enough." i say, collecting all of the rods. i start walking down the same halls that i walked down the day i encountered him.

fingers crossed i don't encounter him again.

i couldn't help but hope he would be here in the slightest.

walking down the path, i noticed the piglins weren't around as they usually were.

where are they?

i trudged through the thick, red netherwart path, wondering what happened to them. i arrived at the portal and got a strange feeling.

what if someone is waiting for me on the other side?

there's no one there Rei. calm down.

i took a deep breathe before stepping in.

i arrived on the other side. it was dark out.

was i gone for that long?

walking down the forest path, i notice the path was disheveled in some places. i draw my axe and continue down the path.

*snap*

i immediately turn towards the sound. you've gotta be shitting me. i'm met with none other than Schlatt, standing a few feet into the thick. a devilish smirk playing across his face.

"well, look who's up and walking." he says, approaching me. i don't respond, instead drawing my axe. "pig got your tongue?" he continues, a full smile on his face. a wave of anger falls over me.

who the fuck do you think you are?

"what's that supposed to mean?" i ask, anger present in my voice. "i'm pretty sure you know what i mean Rei." with that, i brace my axe above my head. "don't get carried away now. remember what happened last time?" he says, pulling his sword from its sling. i swing at him anyway, ending with our weapons clashing together. "fine. have it your way." he says. he throws his weight into his stroke, nearly knocking my axe out of my hands. i regain my balance and regrip my axe. i swing my axe and landing it on his bicep. he groan out in pain. "your one tough cookie aren't you?" he says, clutching his arm. "what the hell do you want from me Schlatt?" i say, positioning the axe over my head. "i just wanted to have a little fun. it's so boring- ah- back in L'manberg." i stare up at him. "fuck you Schlatt. fuck you!" i say, backing away from him. "you're pathetic Rei." i wince at his words. "no Schlatt. you're pathetic. you are a pathetic excuse for a president." i say, brushing off his words. his eyes fill with anger at my words. before i know it, Schlatt is on top of me. he wraps his fingers around my neck, his face turning red with anger. i feel my heartbeat slow as the lack of oxygen catches up with me. "you are nothing Rei! you have nothing to live for anymore. just give up!" my vision starts to get blurry.

Technos POV

(an hour earlier)

i walk out of my house, on my way to the nether, wanting to trade with the piglins for some ender pearls.

it has been two months since Rei left my house. i'm not gonna lie, i miss her. she was so caring to me. something about her was so magnetic in a sense. she was relatable and understanding. now i sit here, longing for her presence. i hadn't visited her because i hadn't had the time to. i've been dealing with Schlatt and his crew ever since she left. everything has been falling apart around me.

i had been walking through the forest for about an hour. i had just got back on the path to the portal after gathering some meat along the way.

"you are nothing Rei! you have nothing to live for anymore. just give up!" a voice calls from the thick.

Rei? was that Schlatt? why-

save her!___he's hurting her.___help her! ___kill him.___kill Schlatt.

i sprint towards the voice. i come to a small clearing in the trees. Schlatt was on top of Rei, his fingers clenching around her throat. he was staring her in the eyes as they began to close. i run towards Schlatt. i throw all of my weight into my fist, meeting his face. he falls back onto the forest floor. i rush over to Rei.

her eyes are closed, she's not responding.

"c'mon, talk to me, Rei." i shake her shoulders. she opens her eyes, gasping for air. "there you go." i rub my thumb on her cheek as she tries to catch her breath. "just leave her be Techno. she's not worth it." Schlatt says from behind me. i stand up from Rei, taking the axe from her hand.

"Techno... don't..."

i turn back towards Rei, a blank expression spread across her face. i see pleading in her eyes.

"you're one lucky man Schlatt."

i lower the axe. "you're just as pathetic as Rei."

kill him.

i grab the collar of his shirt "you better keep that mouth shut before i slice it off of your face Schlatt. you are one lucky man to be left alive. now if you want to continue to live, i suggest you leave and never come back." i push him onto the ground. a smug look plays across his face. he scrambles to his feet, staring at me. "leave Schlatt!" i scream in his face. he turns around and walks into the forest.

Rei's POV

he turns back to me, worry in his eyes. i stand up, our stares met. we stand in silence for a solid minute. "Techno, what are you-" he wraps his arms around my shoulders.

i don't understand.

with every bone in my body, i tried to fight the embrace. it took me a full minute to melt into his hug. a sudden wave of confusion flows over me. "why did you help me?" i say, pulling away from the hug. he doesn't answer, instead just staring at me. "why would i let you get killed by a narcissist bigot?" he says, smirking slightly. "touché." i say, also smiling. he looks down at me, giving me a warm smile. i feel my face heat up.

stop it Rei. you cant. you wont.

but i will.

i push down the thoughts and pull him into another hug, hugging around his neck. he tenses up at the sudden embrace, but slowly complies. i feel his arms snake around my waist, giving me butterflies.

"i guess i'm not the only one who missed someone."

_______________________________

FINALLY CHAT. BUILD UP.

i can call you guys chat... right?