VIII

tw swearing
________________________________

i had gone back into the Nether with Technoblade. i offered to go with him and help him trade faster, he accepted. he strapped his skull mask on and stepped through the portal.

we had been trading with the piglins for about an hour and a half. "how many pearls do you have?" i hear Techno call from a few yards away. "9." i say. "we should be good then. i have 11." he responds. i make my way over to where he's at. he's communicating with the piglins, in their own language.

i watched as Technoblade seemed to bargain with the piglins. he seemed so fluent in the language, communicating with ease. i find myself admiring the way he spoke to them. using his hands to speak as well as his voice.

Rei? helloooo. snap out of it.

i listen to my thoughts and continue to wait for Techno against a tree. he soon approaches me with a bag in hand. "i got more enderpearls." he says, slightly smirking at his achievement. "i didn't know you were fluent in their language." i say. "yeah.. i have piglin in me actually." he says. i widen my eyes at his response. "really? that's fascinating." i say, slightly smiling at the thought. "would you like me to tell you?" "about what?" i say. "well- uh- about my story i guess-" "i would love to hear." i say, giving him a warm smile. he gives me the most stupidest smile. i cant help but laugh at him. "i'm offended." he says, jokingly. "oh c'mon. i was just joking Technoblade. now tell me your story!"

Technos POV

i admired her eagerness to hear my story. it made my heart warm to see her so excited to hear about me. we started down the path and out of the portal before i told her my story.

"so, as you know, Phil is my father. well, a father figure. i was found by him in the Nether. i was hidden deep into a bastion. Phil found me while exploring it. he told me that i didn't look like the other piglins. i had human like features. the only pig like features i had were the pale pink skin with the pointed ears. the other piglins resented me. they barely even cared for me. i was sleeping in a chest for gods sake. anyway, Phil found me and took me home, raised me as his own. i never had a mother figure, but i've managed. i had two brothers, Tommy, and Wilbur. as i grew up, my human features started to appear. my skin lightened up into a pale skin tone, the hair on my body thinned into a more natural state, but my ears became more pointy. i let my hair grow long. i cut it short once as a kid and it looked horrifying. i never liked L'manberg. as soon as Wilbur established it, i knew he was going mad. he was making irrational decisions. i was so upset when Tommy joined. i left, on my own after that. now, it's been that way until i met you." i finished with a disappointing expression on my face. the reconciliation of the memories have brought my spirits low. we continue to walk towards Rei's house. i feel a hand on my shoulder. i look towards Rei. she's smiling at me, with a glint in her eyes. "it's okay Techno. that was this past. we rule our own future." she brushes some loose hair off of my shoulder. i look into her deep green eyes. they stare into mine.

i really missed her

i quickly slip my mask off and wrap my arms around her waist, burying my face into the crook of her neck. "i missed you Rei."

Rei's POV

i tense up at his touch. the feeling of his warm breath on my neck gave me chills. i wrap my arms around his neck, accepting the embrace.

get ahold of yourself

i won't. not this time.

"i missed you too Technoblade."

we arrived at my house a few minutes after we pulled apart. we stopped in front of my doorstep. i turn towards him. "stay for dinner?" i ask. "i should be going. Phil is probably wondering where-" i grab his hand and pull him towards the door. "please?" i pull him too hard. our chests are pressed against eachother.

you really fucked up now.

he started down at me, a shocked expression on his face. his expression softens up and he smirks. "it's hard to say no to you." he says, smiling down at me. i back away and roll my eyes, playfully. "i'm gonna pretend i didn't here that." he laughs as i open the door. "Kennedy?" i yell through the halls. "oh my god where have you been? i've been worried sick-" she walked into the hall and stopped in her tracks. "who's this?" she asks, a worried look in her eyes. "oh- um- this is Technoblade. he will be having dinner with us tonight." i smile at her. "uh-huh can you excuse us for a moment?" she pulls my arm into the kitchen. "so that is the guy that kidnapped you for a day? and didn't you hate him?" she asks, wide eyed. "he didn't kidnap me Kennedy. he was there when i was injured and took me back to his house and bandaged me up. i couldn't walk for a few days so he offered hospitality. and no, i don't hate him. i talked to him about it, got to know him, and i've grown quite fond of him actually..." i say, not thinking. "you WHAT?"

oh. i said that out loud?!

i facepalm. "oh my god. can you just keep him company while i cook?" i pushed her out of the kitchen before she could protest. i heard her laugh as she lead Techno to the dining room.

i prepared potato soup with toasted garlic bread. "Kennedy! come help me!" i hold a bowl in my hand, ready to give it to her. i hear footsteps approaching the doorway. turning around, i'm met with Technoblade. his cape is off, out of sight. the first two buttons on his shirt are undone. i look him up and down. "uh- Rei?" he asks, waving his hands. "oh- um- sorry. i see you've gotten comfortable. and can you take one of these bowls into the dining room? i cant carry all three. this one is Kennedy's" "actually.. we may need four bowls." i look at him in confusion. "what do you mean?" "follow me." i follow behind him into the dining room. i'm met with Kennedy talking with... Ranboo?

________________________________

another cliffhanger.

THANK YOU ALL FOR 30 READS BOYS.(and girls. and non-binary people.)