Chapter Eleven

Luna's POV

Some people call me loony because of the creatures I see. Very few understand that the creatures I tell them about are actually a message. That's why I love Neville and Hadrian so much. They both understand me better than anyone.

The unfortunate truth is that I cannot see my own future. At least, it would be unfortunate if I wanted to know that is. Knowing everything that is happening can be fun, but it means you are never surprised. I was not surprised to see empty spots where Hadrian, Severus, and Draco belonged one morning, nor was I surprised to see the fury in the headmaster's eyes the next.

When the others question me on the matter, noticing my happiness, I simply smile and tell them that all is as it should be. It's not my place to tell after all. I do however confirm that all are safe.

"What do you have there Luna?" Neville asks as he peeks at my book.

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them of course."

"Of course. How should I expect you go this long without the brilliant words of Newt Scammander?" He laughs. "You'll make an excellent magizoologist one day."

I blush at the compliment from my boyfriend, especially knowing he wouldn't say it if he didn't believe it. Only my closest friends know that my dream is to be a famous magizoologist like Newt and to discover a new or thought to be extinct creature. Every summer my father and I go on expeditions through different magical ecosystems, and while fascinating, I have yet to discover anything new.

"There you go a million miles away again. Come on, it's time for dinner. I hear they are announcing the new DADA teacher this evening. Hope he doesn't have any plans for his future."

I follow him, not knowing the identity of our newest professor myself. Magic has been awfully quiet about it. Perhaps she will find reason to finally irradicate the curse driving them all away.

Once everyone has settled into their seats, Dumbledore stands and waits for the silence to fall.

"Ladies and gentlemen, as you already know, Professor Snape has been unexpectedly absent from his classes. As such, I have taken it upon myself to find a suitable replacement, as it would appear that he will not be returning to his duties. It is my pleasure today to introduce one of the most successful students to graduate Hogwarts within the last decade, your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Bill Weasley!"

Bill walks through the double doors with dramatic flare, and I feel the magic of Hogwarts hum in content, as well as the release of the curse on the Defense position. I think that Bill will be pleased when next year comes and he still has a place among Hogwarts Staff. This is turning out to be a good year.

---Hadrian's POV---

"It's time to wake up Kitten."

I groan, snuggling deeper into the warm blankets.

"Come on, love, it's time for dinner and you need to get some food in you."

I turn over and glare at him but sit up anyway. He places a tray of food on my lap and we begin eating in a comfortable silence.

A few days have passed since our escape from Hogwarts and Tom has been at my side almost constantly, providing the support and love I need right now. I almost feel bad knowing I am keeping him from his work, but any time I mention it he just smiles and says Lucius and Severus have it taken care of.

Narcissa gave us the news yesterday that there has been improvement. It seems the baby has finally begun to heal.

--- Flashback---