Chapter Thirteen

"Hadrian what on earth are you doing?!"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"You look like your cleaning, but that doesn't make any sense cause we have the house elves for that. House elves who just came and told me that you are doing their job."

"Well, no offense to them, but when the same people clean the same space over and over again they tend to become neglectful of certain aspects. I am simply fixing these errors."

"Come now get up from there." He tries to pull me up from the ground where I am scrubbing the lower wall.

"Let go of me! I have to get these things done before I can't anymore. I've wasted enough time as it is. We have less than three months left and by then I'll be too big to do it!"

"You're already too big to be doing this. What if you or the babies get hurt. It can't be safe to use cleaner."

"Did you just call me fat?!"

"What?! Of course not I just said--"

"And I'll have you know I would never put our children in danger for the simple matter of cleaning. I've made the elves put plenty of protections on me in case I so much as stumble wrong, and I'm using soap, not chemicals. I'm not stupid Tom, just leave me alone."

---Tom's POV---

"Narcissa, you have to talk some sense into him please."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"He's been at it all week, cleaning everything! He started in the room we'll put the nursery and he won't stop! I think he's done the entire floor and is only now moving on to the main level. I've tried to stop him but because I said the first time I saw it he was getting too big to be doing that, every time I try he bursts into tears and yells at me for calling him fat!"

Instead of being sympathetic, the healer  begins to laugh at my situation. Not just little chuckles, but full belly laughs. I huff in frustration as she tries to pull herself together.

"Tom, you shouldn't worry so much. This is perfectly normal, it's called nesting, and it's just him trying to make sure everything is ready for their arrival. Just make sure there is an elf or yourself watching him at all times so he can't hurt himself, and everything will be fine. Also, it wouldn't hurt to rub his back or his feet every once in a while.  He's carrying twins, but he's too stubborn on a normal day to say he's in pain. If he had any concern the children weren't okay he would say something, but if not he would just live through it."

---

"Hadrian, may I speak to you?"

"I'm not in the mood to argue Tom. I am under a lot of stress trying to make sure this house is clean."

"I know I know, I'm not here to argue, I'm here to apologize."

"You are?"

"Yes. Come sit?"

He complies, taking a seat next to me and placing a hand firmly on my stomach.

"I understand that this needs to be done, and I'm sorry for trying to stop you. And I definitely don't think you're fat, I think that you are absolutely beautiful right now, just as much as always. The thing is that I can be overprotective and worry too much sometimes, but I'm just trying to keep you guys safe."

"I know. I'm sorry I keep getting mad at you."

"It's alright. I do think I have a compromise. I promise not to stop you if you promise to call myself or a houself to watch you as you clean, not because I don't trust you, but because I still worry that something will happen and you won't be able to get someone in time."