Chapter Six

Just a little reminder. Harry does have a new confidence and is coming out of his shell, but what he went through won't just go away overnight. He will still be insecure around his family and friends sometimes because he is learning that they will care for him no matter what.

On to the story!

"How dare you go around impersonating him! You have no right! Where is he? You won't get away with this." I drop my glamour, and take a step closer.

"Mione, it's me. I can prove it. In first year, we saved you from a troll in the girl's bathroom, and my wand got stuck up it's nose. For Christmas that year, I got a wooden flute from Hagrid that he made himself. It's the only thing in the world that could overpower a giant three headed dog. I also got my father's invisibility cloak that you and I used during Hogsmeade weekend one time in second year. We flood over to Diagon Alley, and visited your parents, who took us to see a movie. Then we had dinner with them, and we got ice cream at Fortescues before going back."

"Ron had been searching everywhere for us, and ended up in the infirmary because he found Peeves who was going around hitting people with frying pans with a long blond wig on, and a chameleon on his shoulder." She finished.

"If that was all really you, then why did you say Harry Potter doesn't exist?"

"Because he doesn't. James wasn't my biological father. He adopted me in order to protect me. Severus is my father, and Lily was my mother, but you can't tell anyone. Nev, Luna, Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, Sev and Remus are the only ones who know. At least, the only ones that are believed to be on the light side."

"What do you mean believed to be on the light side? None of them are dark."

"That's were things start to get complicated. Hermione, I joined the dark this summer, and so did they. Voldemort isn't the person Dumbledore made him out to be. Neither is the dark side. Dumbledore, he- he's been playing us all for fools. Any of the people I listed will agree, and if you are still skeptical, the Goblins will tell you the same."

I begin to explain what has happened to me over the summer, what I have learned about both the dark, and light sides, and what my plans are. She seems receptive by the end of it, so I start telling her about the good things that happened over the summer.

"And then, Tom, Sev, and I-"

"Why do you call him that?"

"Who? Tom?"

"No, though I am surprised he is okay with that. I was talking about Professor Snape. He's your father isn't he? So why don't you call him Dad or something of the sort?"

"I, well, when all this started, he said I could call him Severus or Sev. I guess he isn't comfortable with being called Dad, and I don't want to make him angry."

"Harry, I don't think that's what he meant."

"Oh, speaking of names, please call me Hadrian when we are in private."

"Fine, but we aren't changing the subject. I don't think he said that for his own comfort. It was probably for yours."

"Mione, be realistic here. Why would he want me to-"

"You had better not finish that sentence young man." Sev says as he comes from his place at the doorway, where I didn't notice him, and sits next to me on the sofa. "Ms. Granger is correct, I will not force you to call me your father. Especially when it is news to you, and you have believed another man to be your father for all these years. I don't want you to call me dad just because you feel obligated to Hadrian. I have to earn that title. You are the only one who can decide if I deserve it or not."