Chapter Four

It's finally here! The long awaited return to Hogwarts! But first, they must go shopping! Also, I have decided that all Hogwarts letters are sent out a week before Hadrian's birthday.

I just realized that I didn't clarify before so I will do that now. They decided it was best that Hadrian WAS emancipated so that he would legally be of age and able to do magic outside of school. So he is currently a legal adult, but will go through his inheritance when he turns seventeen.

Last but not least, this story is currently ranked #2 in self discovery! Thank all of you for making that possible.

Hadrian's POV

I wake up to a tapping on my window. The goblins have been redirecting my mail to Gringotts now so that I can't be tracked by owl. I open the window to see a Gringotts owl holding this years Hogwarts letter. When the letter is free, the bird flies away before I can offer it a treat. Tom walks in a moment later, most likely to wake me up like every morning.

"Oh, you're already up."

"My Hogwarts letter came." I say quietly.

"Oh."

We stand silently, neither willing to voice what that means.

"Yes, well, I suppose that means there's a shopping trip in order. What do you say I floo the Malfoy's and your father, and six of us can go shopping for your school supplies? We can have Alexander get your school robes ready as well."

"I know that I need to go back, but I really don't want to."

"Your father will be there, and we can talk through the journals. We'll force your uncle to sign your Hogsmead permission slip, and I will meet you there every Hogsmead weekend. Just introduce me to your sidekicks as someone you met over the summer. I will have to come up with a different name though. Tom is a popular name, but it would still be too suspicious. What do you think? Do I look like a Kevin to you?"

I laugh. It wasn't as funny as I make it seem, but I just can't stop laughing. When a lump fills my throat, Tom seems to sense exactly what is going on. He sweeps me up in his arms, and holds me. I am not sure how long we stood there in each other's arms, but when a throat clears, we break away to see Kipsy waiting impatiently.

"Master Hadrian hasn't evens be havings his baths yet?"

"Sorry Kipsy. I was just telling Tom about how much I am going miss you when I'm gone." I tell him, making his cheeks burn red.

"Well hurrys ups so Kipsy cans be doings masters hair."

—-

Since today is colder and rainy, I ended up dressing in a teal flannel shirt with skinny jeans, a beanie, and a pair of boots. My hair is up in two French braided pigtails. Kipsy just did my makeup simple today, no longer needing to make me look healthy.

Despite the foul mood I was in earlier, I can't help getting excited to go out today. I love it here at the Haven, but Tom is rarely able to come with me when I leave. I skip to the floo, Tom chuckling behind me, and we floo to Malfoy Manor where we will be meeting Sev, the Malfoys, and the Zabini's.

Luckily, Sev knows how bad I am when it comes to wizarding transportation, and was standing on the other side to catch me. He helps me up and I dust myself off, scowling and sticking my tongue out at Tom when he walks gracefully out of the fireplace.

"That's no fair. I have tried everything, but I still can't figure it out." My father and Tom both laugh at my misfortune, and I pout. "Cissa, their being mean to me. Tell them to be nice."

"Be nice boys. Come here Hadrian. You'll need to wear a cloak to hide your identity. Congratulations, people officially know who you are."

I groan but allow her to slip the cloak over my shoulders. The Zabini's and Draco seem surprised at the exchange, and Lucius looks uncomfortable, but Cissa doesn't give them much time to process as she makes sure everyone is wearing a cloak and ushers us all to the floo. We enter the alley to find it as busy as ever.