Chapter Fourteen

Warning!!! Graphic scene ahead for those who want it. Will have an end note for those of you skipping. I had planned on skipping it, but none the less here it is. Only thing important that happens is Tom and the others arriving, and the twins being born as the others stand guard. The goblins fight off Dumbledore to protect their favorite client in the background.

"Oh my gods, Hadrian! Are you alright?" Tom asks as he rounds the couch to get to me.

"Hurts."

"I know, love, I know. It's okay now. The others will keep him out. The Weasley boy is dead. If it's time then you can push."

He strokes my hair lovingly, and gives me access to his magic to give me strength. I brace myself as the next contraction comes, grab his hand, and push, stopping instantly at the pain, it's as though I'm being split in half.

"Can't! Tom it hurts, I can't! Please!"

"Hey, look at me. You can do this. Our babies are relying on you. I'm right here, and you can squeeze my hand till you break it for all I care. I know you can do it Hadrian."

I take in a shuddering breath, and start pushing as hard as I can.

"Ahhh!"

"Shh, you're doing well. Keep going you can do this."

After what feels like hours, he checks the baby again.

"Come on, the head is almost out. Remember she said that's the worst part. Just a little further."

Holding onto the hope that the worst is truly almost over, I continue to push. I feel it as the head comes loose, though the pain is practically the same. Despite this, the body moves much faster, and after only three more large pushes the body is freed.

A loud cry fills the air, and my heart stops as I hear my baby's first cry. Tom gently places it on my chest as Narcissa explained should happen right after birth.

"It's our boy." Tom announces.

My eyes water as I lay eyes on him for the first time, and I rub a thumb over his flushed cheek.

"Shh, it's okay, Mummy's still here."

He calms down a bit at the sound of my voice, though is still fussing when the next contraction washes over me. I don't feel as though I can push yet. Instead, Tom holds my hand as I wait it out.

"You did so well. I know it was hard, and you're tired, but we've still got a little girl in there. And I know you can do it."

"At least one of us believes that," I joke hoarsley.

Another contraction comes, and I gasp as there is another gush of fluids, which Tom calmly spells away.

"Tom!" I yell as I feel the baby drop into position, and the urge to push comes back with a vengeance, "Oh god!"

He makes fast work of moving our son from my chest, placing him on a chair with spells to keep him there and safe, then gets back to me.

"Let's try on the count of three alright? One, two, three push!"

I push and I push, but she doesn't budge no matter how hard I try

"T-Tom, not working." I pant.

"Why don't we change positions?"

He helps me move to where my arms are holding me up against the couch, but my knees are on the ground, him sitting behind me waiting to catch her when she comes out.

"Alright, one, two, three, push push push! Come on harder!"

"Shut up!!!"

I push as hard as I can, for so long, screaming in agony as I am spread impossibly wider, so slowly I can hardly stand it. Even my hips have been spread farther than they should be to let my children pass through.