27

Check out the new cover, yo! @annaweasely thank you!! (sorry for the delay, I couldn't remember where I saved it )

"Wait, can I say something first?" Glen shot his hand up like a school boy as he sat forward on the edge of the couch, his foot tapping up a storm as he looked at Austin for permission

"Wait, can I say something first?" Glen shot his hand up like a school boy as he sat forward on the edge of the couch, his foot tapping up a storm as he looked at Austin for permission. Austin nodded in encouragement so Glen turned to look at Lotte, his eyebrows furrowed as if he was trying to solve the world's biggest puzzle.

"Please do, Glen," Charlotte smiled at him, hoping to ease his nerves.

It didn't work.

Glen averted his eyes, not at all comfortable with sitting in the same room as his older sister, less making eye contact with her. But at least his anger wasn't blatantly visible, or so he thought. It didn't take very long living with them for his brothers to pick up on his littlest tics.

"I know, like, the backstory and everything because Austin told me," Glen said, folding his arms against his chest, his head remained down as he stared at his feet, tapping the soles of his shoes together, "and I know there are two parts to every story, which Austin also likes to remind me, but honestly, I don't care."

"Glen," Austin started to intervene, unsure he liked where this was heading.

"No, wait. Let Smiley speak," Emerson said, backing the boy up. Dakota also nodded his head in agreement.

Outnumbered, Austin sighed but didn't say anything else. He sat back and cupped his chin, his index finger skimming his lips in wait. His original game plan was to observe, only stepping in when necessary so it didn't get out of hand. He thought it was best for his siblings to get their thoughts off their chests, otherwise this feud would never end.

And it was going to end, one way or another.

Spoiler, he already knew how. His mind was made up.

Someone wasn't going to like it.

"Sorry Austin, like I totally don't mean to be rude, but I agree with Dakota. I don't want an apology, I want an explanation. And I am sorry for yelling at you, Lotte, but I don't regret it. Don't ground me again, but it was worth it. If I didn't do that, then I don't think we'd be sitting here now." Glen faltered as he nervously scratched his arm, not having the guts to continue because he could sense the tension rising in his brothers. The reminder of Tuesday night was a still sore subject to think about, mainly because he scared his brothers bad. He didn't want Austin to be mad at him. He didn't want to be the cause of another rift. He certainly didn't want to be grounded again.

"You want to know why I didn't do anything, right?" Charlotte guessed.

"Umm, yeah." Exactly that.

"I kind of figured," she rubbed her sweaty hand on her knee, reminding herself that she couldn't change the past. She could only try her best to mend the present.