65.

WOOOO 404K. Next stop, 405. lol 407 already?? Whoops. This is soooo behind.

Don't blame me. Blame the puppy. She's a time sucker.
Bonus points if you can guess her name.
Sorry to disappoint all my Chubba fans 😂 It is not Chubba.

~
~

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

~
~

"I thought he said it was awake."

"I'm pretty sure he did."

"Huh."

"Should we poke it?"

"I don't know. Think it bites?"

Francis lifted his shoulders up to his ears then back down. Ignorant or plain stupid? "Only one way to find out."

"Try me and I'll kick you in the fucking nuts, Francesca." It growled.

It was awake.

Emerson and Francis took two large, cautious steps backwards, their backs simultaneously hitting the wall behind them.

Better to be safe than sorry.

"I think it's grumpy," Francis glanced at Emerson, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Why don't you come closer and find out?" Dakota threatened his brothers without missing a beat. He didn't even need to look to know who was annoying him.

Which was a good thing considering he still had his eyes squeezed closed. He was refusing to give in to the headache that was jackhammering his brain and the all-consuming body pain he was currently experiencing.

Not pleasant at all.

He must have refused his last medication dose, which he didn't exactly remember doing; and if that was true, he was now somewhat regretting.

Okay, definitely regretting.

Fuck.

This pain had come out of nowhere.

Hadn't it?

He couldn't remember.

The bright overhead light that was glaring down on him was only making it all worse.

Turn it off.

His fingers clenched into fists as the repeating words boomeranged all over his head. It was all-encompassing, taking over every thought he could put together. It felt like he was burning from the inside out. The pain igniting fire to every single nerve ending possible.

Turn it off.

Turn it the fuck off.

"Okay time out," Emerson said, still oblivious to Dakota's breakdown, slapping his hand over Francis' mouth. He whispered loudly next into Fran's ear. "Remember how Baker said he'll kick our asses if you piss off Kota?"