37.

(I had fun writing this, sorry in advance. It's probably stupid, but I laughed. Hope you do too.)

Saturday, October 13

🎵I always feel like somebody's watching me
And I have no privacy
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Tell me is it just a dream?🎵

Emerson sniffed, his hand coming up to wipe at his twitching nose. Why so itchy? He roughly rubbed it, brushing away the invisible enemy before his hand dropped back to his side. Off he went, dozing in wonderland.

Someone giggled.

"Shhhhh."

Paying no mind to his surroundings, Emerson shifted in bed trying to find the cool spot of his sheets. He was a hot sleep, hence why he usually slept in his boxers, tossing a sweatshirt on once awake. But with his little sister running around, he had the decency to wear a random pair of gym shorts.

Disgruntled mumblings left his lips when he swiped at his nose again. It felt like he had to sneeze even though he didn't. Talk about frustrating.

Emerson groaned and yanked the comforter over his head, leaving his arms up by his head. He was trying to steal as much precious moments of sleep as possible. In order to get the weekend off, his coach personally made sure he did a workout Friday morning at the ugly hour of 4:30 in the morning. Just him and the coach, and two hours of endurance. Woooooo, kill me.

And then he didn't go to bed until... he didn't even know. Him, Francis, Glen, and surprisingly Dakota, got a little carried away playing Call of Duty. They had a sweet set-up too, thanks for his quick thinking to bring his television and x-box from his apartment home for the trip.

Just a couple of dudes chilling in their natural habitat.

Until Colton popped his head out of his bedroom and suggested Glen go to bed because he had practice in a couple hours.

Poor Smiley, kid couldn't even play but yet had to attend practice at the wee hours on a weekend.

Bahahahahahaha.

Emerson absentmindedly scratched his head before letting his arms fall heavily against the comforter, his eyes remaining closed this whole time. Unfortunately, due to his nosy court-reporter nature, his ears were on high alert for the tiniest of movement, the quietest of sounds. Feeling a little tense, it looked like he wasn't going to be going back to sleep now. At least the room was quiet. He wasn't sure if Dakota was present or not.

A shiver ripped through him, even though he was hot, leaving goosebumps in its wake.

Something just seemed off.

He sucked in a breath of air before accepting his fate, pulling pushing the comforter away from his face. He was never one for scary movies. Taking the risk, he very slowly opened his eyes, before abruptly pinching them closed again. From that brief second, he took in the natural sunlight and his ceiling. Trying again, this time he forced himself to blink a couple times, until his vision cleared up. So far so good, but Emerson couldn't get rid of that 'off-ness.'

Was this the moment he was going to die?

Please God, spare him and his dashing good looks.

Knowing he had to face the inevitable eventually, he pressed his lips together and rigidly turned his head to the left only to come face to face with identical blue eyes staring right back at him. Except, theirs had a twinkle of mischief shining in them.

"Boo."

Emerson, much to his dismay, let out the loudest, most super embarrassing, girly scream, surely waking up the entire house if they weren't awake already.