68.

ROUGHEST DRAFT YOU'LL EVER READ BUT I COULDN'T RESIST ANY LONGER.

WELCOME BACK TO ALL OF US!!! Drop a piece of your love here!

Hope you love flash-backs :) this one kinda just kept rolling. It's that night time work delirium kicking in. I've been craving pancakes.

Enjoy!

...

...

Nearly 10 years ago...

...

...

...

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

"Spongebob Squarepants!"

"Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!"

"Spongebob Squarepants!"

The seven and eleven year olds' screechy kid voices filled the decently sized one-story home, mixing in synch with the blaring television in the family room. The home was an open-concept with the most used space of the home sprawled all the way in the back, far away from any bedrooms.

Therefore, the higher, the more obnoxious, the better it sounded. Made complete sense in Franny's and Sonny's minds.

The sleep deliruim was real.

It was late late.

"Who's nautical nonsense be something you wish?"

"Spongebob! Squarepants!"

"So drop on the deck and flop like a fish!"

"Spongebob! Squarepants!"

Behind their big stage of imagination and the mismatched couches was the decently sized kitchen with a raised counter bar top and two more brothers slaving away at the stove.

Slaving?

More like making a disaster of a mess and calling it cooking.

Dakota and Glen were the reason for the light dusting of flour, baking powder, and egg covering all counter spaces and then some. They'd been busy at work for some time now.

"Now pour all of that into here, Smiley."

Smiley's eyes narrowed in focus, his little tongue poking out the side of his mouth as he concentrated. He would not mess this up.

This one would be even perfecter than the first couple batches.

He was determined to do this set all by himself.

"Spongebob! Squarepants!"

His small hands wrapped around the mixing bowl, sliding upward until his index fingers met the lid edge. "I can do this."

The older brother's lips couldn't help but quirk upward. "You can do this."

The littlest brother paid his words of encouragement no attention, biting down on his tongue as he slowly lifted the red bowl off the counter. From his height advantage of standing on the kitchen chair, he was able to hold the mixing bowl full of dry ingredients just high enough to tilt into the even bigger green bowl, with the egg yolk, some broken shell pieces to add an unsuspecting crunch, and melted butter.

He was so so so close to dumping the ingredients almost mostly in the larger bowl when the finale of "SPONGE BOB... SQUARE PANTS!" startled the boy. His hands jerked upward with such momentum that a cloud of flour flung into Smiley's face.