Chapter 14

Did it on mobile so it probably looks weird but whatever. Also, if y'all ask me in a way I like I have no problem updating even if I'm rewriting I'm just not gonna actively do it.

Every slice agony but with them came the searing pain as I was stitched back together piece by piece. Whatever thought me it's plaything refusing to leave what should have been my body and mine alone. Gasping as my spine shifted I clawed at the ground, tear quick to burn my cheeks as I felt my skin rip.

"Lilith-" he jumped back startled while all I could do was scratch my shoulders all the while forgetting how to breathe. Twitching and trembling, my vision blurring and head-spinning I cried out as it stopped.

"Bastard-!" I gasped grabbing one of the large crystals not even attached to me. With a small jerk pain shot through my very being, every nerve reacting as my shaky hands limply fell to my side. My head hanging and fists balling. A laugh pushing its way up my chest as the tears fell faster.

"Just... Kill me..." I all but smiled looking up at Dyeth, whose face was quick to fall from sorrow to desperately pained.

"Lilith..." He called gently kneeling next to me, softly, hesitate, putting his hand next to mine. Starting at the two, one a deep glossy black and the other rigid with dark curved nails. Neither that of a human's hand. "I can't. Not that. Anything but that."

Looking to his eyes, what would have been white now black and the mix-matched iris's pulsing far more vibrate than they once were, his ears longer and features sharper. Small glossy veins peaking both from his collar and from his hairline, pulling at his temple. His horns long and smooth looking as if they had been perfectly polished.

He wasn't human. Every detail about him telling you one way or another. And he tried his best to hide it. Gloves to hide the claws he trimmed every night, a turtleneck to hide the demification, his hair that used to be properly swept-back now easily over his eyes, and a mask he wore every chance he got.

He was just as terrified. Frightened by the changes. The utter fear of simply catching a glimpse of his reflection was something that'd haunt him all day.

Taking slow deep breaths, I closed my eyes the longer I stared at him the more selfish I had been filling my mind. "I hate you," I laughed all but pathetically, wiping my tears. "I hate you so damn much,"

"I know-"

"It's because you're just like me," I cut him off with a glare. "No matter how different are situations you're just like me. And I hate it. I hate me damn it. Look at me Dyeth. I'm not a good person. I'm not even a person anymore. Just a thing. A monstrous thing."

"... We're not the same," he sighed sitting next to me. "We're different. Very different. I wish I was like you, truly, but I'm not."

"We are two very different people," he repeated, "I will admit that we've shared similar hardships but they shaped us into different people. I hide... I'd much rather pretend they didn't exist. But you? You face your problems."

"I was gifted with strong magic. You were not. I've always been capable of more than I was thought to be and you were always carrying the painful expectations of others. You had to bleed to keep up, I had to do nothing of the sort. We are similar for we were placed where we did not belong by being we don't know for reason they wouldn't tell us."

"Your family loves you so very much but the moment you bring dishonor you'd be left without a hint of that love. Mine can't even look at me without hatred in their eyes but I run no risk of being abandoned as I'm all they have."

"You're resourceful and as smart as they come. I can't do anything without my magic or physical strength. Lilith, we are very different people-" he took my hand and gently laced our fingers- "but just as we are different we are the same. Scorned by the gods, with no one to rely on but ourselves, monsters for reasons beyond our control. Children forced to be things we are not."

"So you can hate me, if anything, I'll ask you to hate me, but please, never hate yourself. If hating me helps in any way please, hate me. Loathe me with your entire being but never beg for death. That's all I ask,"