Chapter 3

Slamming straight into the closed window, I shattered the glass and my wings as I landed with a roll, my bare feet finding the glass ridden ground without hesitation. Dyeth jumped in surprise, not giving me much more than that as a reaction but I completely ignored him and threw open the door. Lord Reaper standing tall and glaring at the weasel who just said the last sentence I heard.

        "Who are you threatening again?" I asked sharply as I slide out of the room with a glare. "Him? Dyeth? Dyeth Reaper? A nobleman with power that exceeds your own? How'd that meeting of your's go? If you have the authority we will step aside without so much as a complaint," I growled with a slanted animalistic grin, he had wavered the moment he had heard my voice but the sight of me? Not to mention the blood dripping from my wounds.

        "Of course I had the authority," He sneered, moving to push past me but I didn't budge.

        "We both know that's not true, it'd be best if you didn't use such a lie, you wouldn't want to be tried for treason," I said unwavering as he wavered once more.

       "Don't get in my way," He growled, glaring at me, his target having changed, "You're a monster in your own right, best to avoid attention," He snarled in my face while I couldn't help but laugh in his. He was right there. Why not?

        "But that's the thing, you're right," I took a confident step forward, another grin curling at my lips as he took a stumble of a step back in surprise, a blue flame flicking behind me as my ears itched and body burned. "I'm a monster in every sense of the word, so do you really think it's a good idea to test me? You want to see who's flame is hotter? Your's or Fenrir's?" I bluffed like I never had before.

        But the confidence in my gaze had him wavering for all but a second, his hands glowing with the heat of his magic, "Let's," Oh... I really didn't want to use this though... And he called my first bluff... With a sharp glare, I gave in, the skin on my head breaking with my legs grew longer, my feet reforming as I put my fist against my open palm, lightning crackling between my horns as my ears grew even longer.

       "Sounds fun," I grinned, stomping my hoove into the ground as he more than wavered at my fusing of two holy beasts. Just so we all know, this is a bluff. A very big bluff. I have zero confidence that I will win if it came to a fight. Plus, my fusing the holy beasts in my grasp was quite literally only a theory a minute ago. I bound the mount of mourning a little while ago but I couldn't do much more than walk with these legs.

       They're weird and it took me forever to figure out that much.

       "What's wrong? You wanted a fight, now you've got one," I licked my lips, cracking my knuckles. Please retreat. Please retreat. Please retreat. Please retreat- He put his hands out!

       "You're a student, you're not worth it," He grunted turning tail and running while I hummed, watching him go. Glancing at his lordship I flicked my hair over my shoulder and walked into the room once more, his gaze following me with that twisted fascination of his. I didn't really help his image of me being nothing but a weapon by scaring off an elite.

        "Dyeth, we're leaving," I said while he stared at me, his instincts seemingly on edge with me in this form. Blinking, the crackling of lightning and burning of flame melting away I returned to my normal stature with a roll of the shoulder, wings bursting from my back while my antlers fell to the floor, shattering into nothingness with one last crackle.

        "Leaving?" His father asked while I glanced back at him, having quickly forgotten about his existence.

        "They ended up putting off deciding what to do with him which means they're bringing in the royals and they ain't gonna agree to letting him live, so yes, we're leaving," I said bluntly while he looked between us, falling into thought while we glared at the other.

        "If so, you're better off not running, you really think you can get passed them?" He scoffed while I snorted.

      "Yes, because I'm willing to just let him die after putting so much on the line to keep that from happening, you're going to talk them down while we're gone and yes, I know I can outrun them,"

        "It's not possible," He growled while I huffed, glaring harder.

        "Look, just because you can't do it doesn't mean all of a sudden I'm incompetent you-"

       "I'll go," Our heads snapped to him, a grin finding my lips as his father opened his mouth to refuse, "You've seen the miracles she has performed, my best chance is to go with her, if she can't escape then I'll die but I'll die if I stay, my odds are better if I go,"