Chapter 1

I made it worse. The council was fighting over what they should do with him. Some thought he should continue to study, others wanting to put him to death, and those that thought to just send him off to war as he is. Edward was the only neutral. And he wasn't happy about being neutral either.

       He wanted to agree with the death sentence but the chance that his little sister may suffer the same fate? It kept him quiet. Now, you may be wondering how I knew this... I may be hiding in one of their top secret little hideaways that I usually only look for when I've grown curious about controversial subjects and barrow their books.

      They've got quite a few of them after all. One happened to be just big enough for me to fit in. The walls were soundproof and a barrier had been set around the room so no one would be able to get in nor hear a word that was being said. Unless, you know, you hide under the floor in a small hidden cabinet to see if you've got to hid another living being for fear of their death.

      The way this was going, I was going to have to find a way to hide him. They were starting to lean towards dispatching him and he'd die as he is. A death sentence with some pizzazz. "Edward! You can't be serious! You're siding with the fucking pacifist?!" Aw. A turn of events. He chose to keep him here, placing his vote with Miss H.

       "It's better to keep an eye on him!" He growled at the youngest of the council members, successfully shutting him up as I could just imagine his hands putting off a red glow to match his glare. He's never been good at repressing his magic when his emotions were present. He's still young.

      Stars... I'm acting like an old lady. Focus, this is a serious situation.

        "Putting him to death will leave Lilith to refuse any and all further transactions, we are finally gaining ground we will not survive without her potions. Sending him to war will gain a similar reaction, there is no choice here and she knows that. We can't afford to make brash decisions where she is concerned, we'll hear her out and see just how much of a threat he is before we decide anything,"

       ... Talk about a confidence booster. I feel like I shouldn't have heard that part. Like, more than the others. Now that I know that I will 100% be conscious of that when making further decisions. I'm so going to make stupidity reckless choices from here on if I'm not going to be held responsible. Come on. I'm a teenager. We're impulsive as shit and super impatient.

       And I'm not going to be held responsible for my actions. Boy oh boy, I really shouldn't have heard that. Waiting with my thoughts until they had all left I popped open the tile only to be met with the sad smile of my favorite instructor. Well... I guess today is as good a day as many to die.

        "Lilith," She greeted softly as I opened my mouth before closing it and wincing. Should have waited longer. "I've known you were sneaking more than just the restricted books for a few months now but I had really hoped you wouldn't have done that..." She sighed while I slowly got out of the cabinet, not really able to do anything else.

       "I suppose it makes things easier but..." She sighed again while I put the tile back. "Listen, Lilith, you obviously hear that they plan to put off making the decision but not going to be the one you want it to be. He's something completely unknown and related to demons. Demons. They'll bring in the royals and they will kill him... Unless he... Disappeared,"

      "I, I didn't see anything or one after leaving the meeting and I definitely didn't tell a peculiar student about the great grimoire hidden behind Edwards fourth bookshelf nor the entrance to a place no one would dare follow, though, I seem to have a sudden urge to discuss the dire situation with councilman Buer," Blinking in surprise as she ruffled my hair and left before I could say anything I stared at the door for a long moment.

       Great grimoire. A place no one would dare follow.

       Her point was rather realist too, so, if I, maybe, were to scope them out at least a little, no harm no foul. A precaution if you will. Grinning I raced across the room and leaped out the window, twisting my body as my claws found the stone I slid down the wall with ease, the moment my feet found the ground I was sprinting to his office.