Chapter 13

Good for her, finally venting.

            Panting I didn't move, every breath hurt, every beat of my heart- every thought

            Panting I didn't move, every breath hurt, every beat of my heart- every thought. Why was I alive? I just want... I just want to sleep.

            "Lilith... Lilith are you alright?" Came a hesitant but familiar voice. I didn't so much as look at him. Slowly taking a step forward he moved to reach out to make sure I alright, to touch me.

             "Don't touch me," I croaked a heavy wing blocking his path and shielding me. 

          "Alright, okay, no touching," He said slowly, shaken, everyone else having gotten to a distance they deemed safe. "Are you... Are you okay? I've never seen you..." He trialed, not even able to find the words. I wasn't any better. I didn't know how to describe such a thing. Agony? Blazen? The Pit? 

           I didn't say anything, just pulled myself into a ball. I wanna go home. I don't want to be this. I just... I just want to be normal. I... I need to see Adrain.

           "... What should I... What can I do?" What can I do? Even after what I did, there he is, trying to help me. This fucking fool.

            "... Cut them off,"

            "What?"

             "Cut them off!" I glared, flinging the large wing behind me and sitting up. "All of them, the horns, the scales, the wings, the fucking tail! Get them off of me! Rip out the fangs and pry off the claws! I don't care! Get them off! I'm tired of this! I don't want to be...! THIS! I never wanted to be like this! I just want to be... I just want to be normal," I choked.

            "Please... Just... Cut them off, get rid of them, I'm... I'm tired of it, all of it," I laughed weakly, rubbing my face while he stared.

            "... I know it's hard but-"

              "The fuck you do," I glared, "As if you know what's it's like, the things I had to do just to keep up with stupid fucking leads who were blessed with a body made to do things I have to bleed to simply see just so I didn't get abandoned by my godsdamn family, who won't even met your gaze some days, the council treating me like a dog- as if I'm only around to give them whatever clever thing I tortured myself over to make like all it took was reading a book, 

            "Day in and day out, I'm forced to do things I physically cannot, I'm shamed for my magic, publicly humiliated by an authority I had no choice but to listen to, and I have not once been treated like a person since my awakening! I've been beaten bloody daily! Bones broken by fucking teachers! Forced to eat something they wouldn't even feed to the pigs! Every single day I have to keep up with those that are trying to leave me behind!

           "You do not know the pain of what is thought to be holy nor do you have to worry about being torn to shreds by creatures who force you to be their vessel! You do not know how hard it is to get up every morning with fewer emotions than you went to bed with, no dreams nor hopes to live for, the only thing keeping you alive being the humiliation you would cause your family in the instance that you died.

          "You do not know how hard it is- how painful a single breath is with embers in your lungs and cinders in your throat, the ache of limbs you've never had being forced on you despite being twice your size, the torture of scales piercing your flesh at the simplest of movements. I am an empty vessel made for beings that think nothing of me. I haven't a soul. There will be no peace for me. This is as good as my life shall ever get.

         "Do not tell me that you know how hard it is, you do not nor have you ever tried. It is always, always, about how you until I finally spoke my mind, you, especially you, do not have the right. I am not here because I want to be. I want to be with my family. With my friends. But I am here, so either leave me alone or cut me free," I ground, tired of this farce. 

            He opened his mouth but closed it a second later. I was right, it has always been about him. He was even one to shame me for my magic, he only approached me with the intent of using me. Looking to the white leather wing of a creature I knew not to be a holy beast and equally not a spirit he moved to pick up a discarded blade.

          A cruel laugh falling from my lips, "No... No, you're mistake to think a sword can cut through a dragon's hide. You need another dragon or a demon to do such a thing." He froze for a second, looking to the blade before letting it fall from his gloved hand. Slowly, he pulled off the thick gloves he had been hiding behind to reveal the inhumane claws I had given to him.

            "... For what it's worth, I'm sorry," He mumbled taking hold of one wing, my glare turning to the ground.

              Of course he is.