Chapter 17

"This is not your vessel." I strained, standing on rippling darkness before the large angered gaze. "This is not your vessel and I demand that you leave!" I shouted at the scaled beast that gave a sneered smirk, turning to me.

        "And who are you to think you may command me?" My ears rang at the loud powerful voice that left me to clutch my head with a cry. "You who is no more than an ant before I? You think you can make demands of me?" The deep voice mocked."It would be best for you to just quietly die, insect,"

        "This... Is... Not YOUR VESSEL!" I screamed at the beast didn't even blink at my effort. Rather, it laughed.

        "That was almost cute, in a vile way, but it's best you kept that pretty mouth shut, yes? Else I really leave you for dead," He ridiculed, his sharp teeth showing as he blew meaningless smoke at me.

       "You will leave!" I ignored his poor torment as he stared for a long moment, a deep, unamused chuckle seeping from the dragon's jaws.

          "You truly don't understand, do you? You are a mere speck of dusk-"

        "I'VE GIVEN YOU YOUR CHANCE, YOU WHO HAS INSULTED ME, YOU WHO HAS TRESPASSED UPON MY VESSEL! YOU WILL SHUT THAT FILTHY MOUTH AND YOU WILL SHUT IT NOW!" I screamed, digging my claws into my ears, my brain shaking at my own voice. A white chain shot out from within the darkness, snapping around its muzzle, the chain glowing blue and revealing the glossy black scales that had been hiding within the darkness. "You are the speck of dusk, INSECT, you have taken my mercy and you have stomped on it, for that crime, you are to remain in this vessel as you so WISHED," I growled, the silver gaze staring at me outraged.

         "You will remain here, unable to do anything, bound to me as you so wished," I swallowed, my confidence a fake one. "So, fight as you wish, nay- fight for your pathetic life, against my chains, and find you are not the god you think you are," More glowing chains wrapped around the beast that dared raise its wings. "You will suffer for your crimes," The beast was suddenly being dragged down, deeper than any other beast I had seen, deeper than even I had ventured. Staring at the nothingness around me I held my shaking shoulders as I collapsed to my knees, crying out as my back burned.

         My eyes snapped open as a scream pulled form my lips. My claws digging into the searing of my back, Dyeth quickly being pushed away. The magic circle I had for my wings burned hotter than ever before, only, it wasn't the circle that burned. "You pathetic petty, useless thing!" I screamed at the beast I slammed into my core, burning it as equally. "YOU WILL SHUT YOUR MOUTH OR I WILL RIP YOUR JAW FROM YOUR HEAD!" The burning continued as I laughed through my tears, the chains tightening around its muzzle, so tight it began to bleed, and finally- the burning stopped.

        My laugh grew softer as I felt blood pour down my back I grabbed the horns it had yet to remove. My hand burned with a fire I knew stronger than its own, as I forced it to ash. "Disgusting pest," I ground, wiping my cheek with a rough hand. Gasping I tried to open my wings. "Goddamn son of a-!" Hissing I stopped, the magic gone. I could feel them. Claw marks he shredded my magic with.

        "Lilith-"

         "Don't touch me!" I snapped glaring at him and pushing myself to my feet, stumbling, he did in fact catch me despite my clear telling him not to touch me. "I said don't touch me!" I snarled, slapping his hands off and wiping at my wet face.

        "Lilith, you're bleeding, I can't just let you walk-"

        "Can't or won't?!"

         "Can you shut up for five fucking minutes and let me help you!? You are always the one that gets hurt and you are always the one that gets to beat on me! So shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down!" He shouted, taking a firm step forward, glaring at me from two inches away. "I get it, you're in pain, you didn't choose to say those things, but you still fucking said them now sit down so I can fix your fucking back or I will walk right back to the council and hand myself over!"

        Our breath mixed, his anger, my pain, and, for a second, I was happy that he was here. Not with me, gods did I wish he wasn't with me, but rather emotionally at a place where he could yell at me. However. I had just lost something he wasn't going to understand. I had lost a magic I made. A magic I made for me. Not some ruins for puppets. But rather, a magic designed for humans based off an ancient spell. I had just gotten that taken from me.

        And yet, I sat down. Right in front of him. With a disheveled sigh, he walked past me to look at my back which I knew to be shredded.